Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat X Pro does not open after installing CS6

Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully installed CS6 & Web Premium package. I found I could not open .pdf files so I reloaded Adobe Reader X and now realize I cannot open Adobe Acrobat X Pro to create .pdf files. Reinstalled Acrobat again this evening, restarted computer but same issue (Acrobe Acrobat X Pro - it does nothing when I try and open it). What am I missing? any insight is soooo appreciated!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the steps as mentioned in here : http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw this post back on November 7th and tried what was suggested but it didn't work.  It has now been a month later and it now will not open again.  I have another user who has the same problem with the same suite so I am going to attempt this fix on this as well and see if it works. 

Are there any other suggestions on how to completely fix this problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MSITSLAN there is not a lot of details in the original post.  Can you please confirm the exact difficulties you are facing including any related error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installation of the CS6 suite, everything worked great.  I am not sure the time frame it took to notice the problem in Acrobat X Pro the first time as the user does not use it everyday, but the program would not open.  PDF files would only open if you chose to open them in Acrobat Reader and would not open in Acrobat X Pro.  There were no error messages nor were there any error logs in the event viewer.  The program just would not open.  If that user logged out of Windows and I logged in, the program would open but only for a brief period and then would close without warning and never open again. 

I checked the dates and from the time that I last fixed the error addressed in this thread until it happened again was exactly 30 days which would make me think that the trial would end but it is actually not a trial.  It is a licensed suite. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving this discussion to the Acrobat Installation & Update issues as it appears you are facing a launch issue as opposed to an installation error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines