• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can pop-up boxes be placed in a certain area

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working with RoboHelp HTML, RH8, and am wondering if there is any way to "pin" pop-up boxes (auto-sizing or custom-sized) in a certain location in the window - for instance, the upper left corner.

Thanks a lot for any assistance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to chuckle over this post as quite a number of people reported a problem whereby popups did exactly what you want and it was not what they wanted. Now you come along and want what those who had the problem saw as a bug!

Do not consider uninstalling the patches as 8.0.2 contained a fix for a problem that can wreck your project.

Sorry but I am not aware of any way of forcing what you want.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is funny, Peter - I've seen a number of those comments but I was hoping mine was a little different. We have a new person I'm mentoring through the program  and her pop-ups do stay in the upper left - until she publishes. Once published, they are here and there, but much closer to the object.

Thanks for the response - I consider your comments pretty darn definitive.

Leanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I clarify that once published the popups are the same for both of you, they appear near the point at which the link is clicked? The top left problem is only in Preview, correct?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Peter - my co-worker sees pop-ups in the upper left corner only when using Preview. Once it is published, tjhe pop-ups display as expected, near the point that was clicked.

Her version of RoboHelp was put on her machine with the same executable as mine. However, she has Windows 7 and IE9; I have Windows XP and IE8. Don't know if that may have something to do with it.

And speaking of IE9, I'm going to post a new question about a problem I'm finding with IE9 that I haven't been able to find in any searches yet.

Thanks again.

Leanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what is causing this but given that the output is working correctly, I cannot see Adobe issuing a fix for Rh8.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp