• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black screen on Youtube after update to 11.5.502.135

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer updated my Flash Player to 11.5.502.135 last night (12/11/12), since then I am unable to view anything on youtube or play pandora radio on the internet. When I attempt youtube, I just get a black screen. I was having issues for over a week prior to the update -at that time I was only able to lad about 1/3 of the videos on youtube. I am working on finals for college, so this has been quite frustrating. Any idea if there is a fix or how I can install an older version? I am running Windows 7 - home edition and using firefox.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this only occur with Firefox?  What antivirus are you using?  Please try doing a clean install to see if that makes a difference.

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this even remotely helpful?

Did you mean clean install Firefox, Flash, her AntiVirus, her OS??

Your first troubleshooting step is "wipe your computer" by the sounds of it.. reset it to factory settings..

This is not professional or even good troubleshooting practice.

I have the same problem on IE8, FF and Chrome, using the same OS but 64-bit.

I uninstalled Adobe Flash using their uninstaller which you can find here:

http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Videos started playing again without any clean installs, however the browser and websites advise that there is a Flash update available.  A clean install of Adobe Flash brings the problem back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finding out if this happens on more than just Firefox lets us know if this is browser specifc, or possibly related to something lower level like your video drivers, cache, etc.  Given that this happens on all browsers for you, and each use a different version of Flash Player, this leads me to believe you are running into a lower level issue.

I asked about your virus scanner because we've had recent reports that certain virus scanners, coupled with recent Windows updates, have caused videos to fail to play properly.  Finding out your virus software is easier than having you locate particular Microsoft KB installs on your system.

Finally, given your recent ongoing problems, this could be as simple as corrupted Flash Player cache.  My suggestion to do a "clean install" was specific to Flash Player.  Please note right under that sentence was a link to our "How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?" FAQ.  I appologize for not making that clearer for you.  It sounds like you were able to get videos playing again by running the uninstaller (which is one of the first steps in the FAQ I suggested), so that's good news.  What browser is advising you that new versions of Flash are available?  What URLs are prompting you to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the clean install with no luck. I also tried shutting down all of the virus protection - again, no success. In desperation and at the urging of my son, I installed Google Chrome - immediately all of the issues were gone on Chrome. If I try to use Firefox again, I still have the issues. I assume this is a Firefox compatibility issue. Thank you for your helpful suggestions, I really do appreciate it!

Stacy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stacy - Since your issue is Firefox specific, you might also want to give some of the troubleshooting steps in this FAQ a try.  In particular, I usually recommend creating a new Firefox profile and temporarily disabling protected mode to see if they help. 

How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello I have the same black/blank youtube problem after last flash update/ safari 5.03 /osx 10.6.5 Max pro /2.8 8core/

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Fire fox is ok

Thanks

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines