• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use Adobe Digital Editions as a reader for my generated text files?

Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am developing a web application that generates a big amount of text (several hundreds of pages).   Can I use Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) reader to read those text?   I would prefer ADE over Adobe PDF files because it is less page oriented.   It fits as much text as possible on the screen.  

I want to know if I can convert this huge amount of text into Adobe Digital Editions?   More importantly, I want to know how best to do this.   I want the process to be automatic (no human involvement).

1)    Is it best to generate the text data into a simple file (*.txt) and then find a software converter to Adobe Digital Editions file (probably using a stylesheet of some kind)?

2)  Or, is it best to have a software library (in some computer language like Java, C#) that can generate Adobe Digital Editions files directly?

Can somebody tell me if this sort of thing has been done in the past?   Are there tools for doing this today?

Colbert Philippe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can do it with Calibre.   http://calibre-ebook.com/

You can do it in one step very easily without too much control,

or via HTML, add your style sheet manually, then to epub (I haven't tried this).

In fact, Calibre will also transfer to an ereader and no need to use ADE at all.

(I only use ADE rather than Calibre where there is a DRM file involved.)

There are quite a few other software that will do it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines