• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting flash player launch in second monitor and maximized

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a dual monitor setup in development and using Windows 7. In Flash Builder, I have disabled html-template wrapper and my application launches in Flash Player. I want to set the launch location of Flash Player to my second monitor and it should be always in Maximized state.

Currently the problem is Flash Player launches at variable x,y co-ordinates and it is not in maximized state. Please help me to set it in Flash Builder or Flash Player, so that I don't have to waste my time in maximizing to see the screen and moving it to another monitor with different resolution.

Thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure whether it's possible using just Flash player. For AIR desktop projects, however, you can interrogate screens and do something like this:

[code]

protected function setupScreenDisplay():void {

var testOnSecondScreen:Boolean = true;

var a:Array = Screen.screens;

var s:Screen = testOnSecondScreen ? Screen.screens[Screen.screens.length-1] : Screen.mainScreen;

var r:Rectangle = s.visibleBounds;

nativeWindow.x = r.x;

nativeWindow.y = r.y;

nativeWindow.maximize();

}

[/code]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, I am not looking for Adobe AIR solution. My app runs in a Flash Player projector and I want to keep it on my second monitor screen, every time I try to launch or debug, it used to take a random x,y position on my first monitor screen.

Any solution to fix this ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I googled, and see you've asked around on this one! Best I could locate, that you've probably already seen, is this: http://www.flashdevelop.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6658

The core issue is that that functionality isn't strictly speaking available... I don't know whether there is an OS way to set preferences for opening location (I know IE opens windows in a place that has some reference to previous opening, for example) but I suspect you need to get hardcore which may be more effort than you want for this...

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines