Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player

Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player quit working about a month ago.  No Youtube.  No photo editing software. 

I've since installed mountain lion.  But I still can't install flash.  PLEASE HELP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Russel,

I assume you are using Safari as the browser. Could you please see if you have enabled plugins? Go to Safari > Preferences and then select Enable Plug-ins and Enable JavaScript.

SilverLight has no dependency on Flash Player.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly means "quit working" and "can't install"?

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a month ago, we noticed that we couldn't watch youtube videos and my wife couldn't use some of her photo programs. We would get warnings that said we needed a new flash player. 

We went to the adobe website and did what we thought was a download of the latest version of flash player. Then we went through the motions of installing it.  Everything apeared to be going well.

But no matter how many times we do this, we still don't have flash player. Anything that requires it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please go to the following folder: Library > Internet Plug-ins

Do you see any Flash Player related files in it?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Couple of PDF plugins. QuickTime. iPhoto. Java. Garmin. Canon. Silverlight.  Nothing Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Flash Player is not installed in your machine. You need to download Flash Player and then double-click the downloaded file.

Please go through the following link. It has step-by-step info on installing Flash Player. http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html#main-pars_heading...

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that many times.  But I just did it again for good measure.  No luck.  I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong.

The good news is, I looked in Library > Internet Plug-Ins and there is a file called Flash Player.plugin and another called flashplayer.xpt......that's good, right? 

But I still can watch most youtube vids or use most of my photo programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sunil....something that may help.....I was asked to instal SilverLight to stream a movie from Netflix.  I downloaded and installed.  It shows up in my Internet PlugIns folder.  But when I try to watch a movie, it asks me to instal SilverLight again.  Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Russel,

I assume you are using Safari as the browser. Could you please see if you have enabled plugins? Go to Safari > Preferences and then select Enable Plug-ins and Enable JavaScript.

SilverLight has no dependency on Flash Player.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THAT WORKED!  Back to normal again!  Thank you so much.

People like me (i.e. who don't know computers) sure do appreciate and admire people like you (i.e. who do know computers).

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines