• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player Installed. Doesn't appear to be recognized by IE9. Incorrect Browser Showing?

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening all,

This Flash Player issue is giving me fits, so I'm hoping one of you might have experienced this before. Websites visited on this tablet do not recognize Adobe Flash Player. I have installed Adobe Flash Player ver 11.5.502.135 for Internet Explorer. When I go to the following link, http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html I get the following information:

"Flash player is running on your system." The lil' ball is running back and forth.

Flash player version: 11.5.502.135

Browser: Opera

Well, I'm using Internet Explorer 9. What gives? I've attempted to uninstall and reinstall of Flash player. No luck. ActiveX Filtering is off. Shockwave Flash Object add-on is Enabled. I've ran some updated antivirus and found a bunch of signatures, but I removed right away. (Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I’m about ready to nuke the hard drive and start over. 

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Good Afternoon Sunil,

Thank you for the reply.  Sorry if I wasn't clear on my earlier post.  That is correct, the page was incorrectly detecting the browser as Opera. I was using IE9.  It was very strange. 

I corrected it performing a Windows System restore from the previous month.

Take care.

Hendy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hendy,

What's the issue you face here? The page is wrongly detecting the browser as Opera?

I checked in a Windows 7 machine and the info provided is correct. Flash Player is running without any issues in your machine and that's why it's displaying the info.

Could you please give us more details on the issue?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon Sunil,

Thank you for the reply.  Sorry if I wasn't clear on my earlier post.  That is correct, the page was incorrectly detecting the browser as Opera. I was using IE9.  It was very strange. 

I corrected it performing a Windows System restore from the previous month.

Take care.

Hendy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great. Nice to know that you sorted the issue out, Henry.

Regards,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines