• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

freeriatools.adobe.com

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been attempting to access the site freeriatools.adobe.com for over two weeks in order to register for free non-commercial use copies of Adobe Flash Builder 4.6 Standard. Adobe phone support has provided zero assistance with the issue and even went as far as to tell me that my issue would be much easier to troubleshoot if I had an Adobe support contract. My question is a simple one: does Adobe still offer the free non-commercial licenses?  If the answer is yes, how do I submit an application if the site is down? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Getting up early, so I called Adobe to ask again and finally get some response. In short, they took the site away and they are no longer free for education.

I have used Flash Builder, ColdFusion Builder, and ColdFusion server (since MX7) in our school from this website. Since Adobe provided free tools, our students are more productive in developing new ideas and have better understanding of the whole picture of web programming. It is unfortunate that Adobe thinks removing these free development t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am having the same problem.

Has Adobe cancelled this without telling anyone?

It is all very strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to contact Adobe via Chat and the representative told me that I have to call them because she was not triained to report this kind of issues. So, I called, and waited for around 40 minutes. Being cut off eventually. I didn't see their email address for support, so this is almost my last hope to get their attention knowing that their website https://freeriatools.adobe.com/ is currently down. If Adobe has the intention to stop providing tools for my class teaching, it would be nice to at least notify us somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried chat as well and they were basically no use. It may be time to start looking at other developer tools to teach my students.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting up early, so I called Adobe to ask again and finally get some response. In short, they took the site away and they are no longer free for education.

I have used Flash Builder, ColdFusion Builder, and ColdFusion server (since MX7) in our school from this website. Since Adobe provided free tools, our students are more productive in developing new ideas and have better understanding of the whole picture of web programming. It is unfortunate that Adobe thinks removing these free development tools can make them more money. Like James suggested, I am going back to teach PHP next semester, though ColdFusion 10 provides HTML5 capabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least we finally have some new information from Adobe, although it look like we are all screwed. With the demise of Design View in Flash Builder 4.7 it's just all disappointing on the Flash/Flex front these days. Thanks, guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the impression Adobe have given up on Flash now which is annoying but it is probably time to move on to more modern and open technologies anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1109385?tstart=0

Statement:

The program to offer complimentary copies of Flash Builder Standard to students, faculty and staff is discontinued.  You can subscribe to a free subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud to access Adobe Scout, a new profiling and optimization tool for Flash and AIR content;  Adobe Gaming SDK, a complete collection of frameworks and code samples;  Flash C++ Compiler , cross compile C/C++ games to run your game in Flash Player; 2 GB of file storage;  and trial versions of Flash Builder and other Adobe tools .  Learn more at: http://gaming.adobe.com/getstarted/

Question:   Why was this program discontinued?

Answer:   This program was created to encourage the use of Flash Builder for the building of RIAs (rich internet applications).   Since Adobe is no longer targeting Flash Builder for RIA development this program is obsolete.

Question:  I build games so why can¹t Adobe provide these tools to students, faculty and staff for game development?

Answer:  Adobe recently announced a new set of game development tools available for free  through the Adobe Creative Cloud.  Adobe game development tools includes Adobe Scout, Adobe Gaming SDK, Flash C++ Compiler, 2 GB of file storage and access to trials versions of Flash Builder and other Adobe tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's amazing, no technology will triumph closed for students. Microsoft gives student licenses for all products ... Adobe good luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines