• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last RoboHelp HTML v9 Workspace (formerly called Environment) does not reload next time RH9 loads

Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, thanks in advance for any info you can provide.  All the RoboHelp references below relate to us using the respective version of RoboHelp HTML, and on my XP SP3 pc.

I have worked with RH7, RH8, and now RH9, but RH9 is not behaving the same as the others as it relates to Workspace (formerly called Environment in prior RoboHelp versions).  In the other versions, the last screen arrangement/Workspace always reloaded the next time you loaded RH, but with RH9, it doesn't. 

The previous “environment”, now called “Workspace” (upper right corner) does not remain what it looked like when you last closed it, the next time you open Robo.  It resets to some weird default EVERY time, instead of looking like the last time you closed it…even though it shows you with a checkmark that it did load it (but it didn’t!)!

My Mini-work around is, I clicked “Workspace” (upper right corner) and loaded my environment file (mark.rhs), which loads the screens the way I want them, then did a SAVE to one I called “default” and since it shows you the last two you opened, each time I load Robo, I take turns loading them…no biggie, but it just saves some time so you can choose between YOUR two named files that do the same thing screen rearranging.

Is this a known issue in Robo9?  Is there a fix?  I have uninstalled/reinstalled many times for other reasons, but this issue has always been present, even installing the latest patches.  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not heard of this issue before but then I don't think environments (workspaces) are widely used.

I'm just waiting for the tumbleweed to blow by before continuing....

The only thing I can offer is that I have seen that they do not always work the way I want if I have multiple versions of RoboHelp installed on the same PC (e.g. RoboHelp 8 and 9). Could this be the case here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Egh? You are using a workspace whether you defined it or live with what Rh installs by default.

It should open to whatever workspace you were using last time you used Rh. Try the General layout that is supplied and see if that sticks.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to Peter Grainge:  Sorry for any confusion...as you state, I expect to see the same exact workspace I left when I last closed RoboHelp and if I reload my workspace/environment and all looks well, I expect to see that same screen placement the next time RH loads...but that does not always happen.

I did what you suggested and closed several of the extraneous Pods that appeared, closed RH, and it did save those settings...BUT I then loaded my saved workspace, closed RH, and the settings were not saved as the same funky screen placement appeared.  After checking, it is not the RH defaulted workspace, but actually my saved workspace plus the "See Also", "Review Pane", and Resource Manager" Pods, which I do not use.  So, as a test, I closed those 3 Pods and resaved over one of my saved workspace files.  I now get a much better percentage of the screens being what I expect each time I load RH, but for some reason, there are times that I reload my saved workspace, exit RH, and the next time I load RH, that funky screen placement is present again.  I had an environment issue with RH8, as it could never save the windows the way I needed them, and I had to move them each tim...maybe it was due to migrating from the previous version and it using the migrated/modified .rhs file...or multiple versions installed...who knows?  ;->

Thanks for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some pods that do not reopen even if you save a workspace with them open.

Please try with the General layout. Apply that, then close and reopen Rh. Did that stick?

If not, what did not show?

If it did, then try your layout and if that still fails, again list the pods that do not reopen.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

to Peter Grainge:  I did what you stated w/the General layout and it stuck, then loaded the layout I resaved today and it stuck too!  I even loaded my other layout that I did not resave today, and now it sticks too!!!  I cannot explain it, but everything seems all good now...THANK-YOU!  I am amazed as I tried everything (almost <grin>) and nothing would make either stick...but now they both do!  Thanks again for your time!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to RoboColum(n): Yes, that could be possible as I have another version installed, but I actually read that Adobe stated that multiple installed versions can coexist without issues...but I guess that/anything is possible.  Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp