• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have to reinstall/update Flash player everyday?

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am a Mac user (MAC OSX 10.6.8) and I use safari as my main browser. (safari version 5.1.5)

The thing is when I try to watch youtube videos, at least once a day my video just turns black, or it says 'plug-in failure'.

I found that the solution for this is updating the flash player, but since this happens everyday I am updating flash everyday.

Everytime I update flash player, the videos work fine.

Last time I installed Flash player was yesterday, the latest version possible, and yet the problem occurred just now.

When I install flash player, I do not uninstall previous versions , simply because it worked fine with them.

Could that be the main problem?

I'm just getting really sick of updating this everyday, force quitting all my browsers and losing all the tabs I had opened.

Please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to uninstall Flash Player before installing a new version. Because you install Flash Player everyday, it won't be an update. You are simply installing the version that's already present in your machine.

Could you please go to the following page and let us know the Flash Player version displayed there? https://help-internal.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Does this issue happen only with specific sites or with all the sites?

Thanks,

Suni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the link you gave me won't load, but I checked the system preferences and I realised I'm installing the same version of flash player everytime. The version I'm installing is " Plug-in version 11.5.502.136"

I installed it twice today.

This issue happens with youtube, some other videos (some still work), and facebook games (so other flash media i guess?)

and they all show up a message 'plug in failure'

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please try the step 6 to 8 mentioned in the following doc? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html

(Here is the right url: https://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html)

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try that when my vidoes or games fail again because I recently installed another.

I'm glad that I'm at least getting somewhere with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my video and facebook game is having troubles again, I'm trying to follow the steps 6 to 8 in the link but I can't.. If I control-> click the video it does not come up with settings for Flash Player setting pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I realised that if I quit safari and go back on, youtube and games work again. But I dont want to exit everytime and delete all my tabs..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines