• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find and Replace in RH10

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH10, when using the "Find and Replace in Files" tool, you can open a found topic in the Find Results Editor pod.

But this is a rather unfriendly looking text editor. I'd like to be able to open a found topic in the regular editor instead (as per RH8 in fact).

Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC what you get when you edit a file from the results pod is the HTML view as if you had the topic open and clicked the HTML button at the top. The only way to get to a more user friendly editing method is to manually open the file from the Topic List or Project Manager pod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks RoboColum(n).
It's as I thought then, and good to get that confirmed by a guru.

IMHO this represents a comparatively big step backwards going from RH8 to RH10.
I would have thought it logical to launch an edit thus in the normal editor window, giving Joe User the choice to flip between Design and HTML modes.
This HTML only view seems incredibly unfriendly in today's "Everything Is Switchable" environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I think that as the find uses the XHMTL, they assumes we'd always want to edit there too. Can I suggest that you let Adobe know this by filling in a feature request using the following link:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

The more that do, the more chance this has of making it inot RH11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done.

Cheers,

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find and Replace in Files has always worked at code level so this is nothing new and there are times when that is essential. The feature request should be have the option of working at content or code level, not one or the other.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Having checked back in RH8 you're quite right and I was totally wrong - so sincere apologies for that.

However I do still think a trick has been missed here.

When a file is opened from the Find&Replace results, it is opened in a restricted editor.

Had this editor not been restricted (ie was at least switchable to Design mode) then a significant useability gain wouold have been achieved here. As it stands though, nothing has changed really, and if anything IMHO it has become a bit more confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure it's confusing at first and I have suggested some changes. However, I think you will soon get used to it, just go slowly at first.

BTW. Do not use the Must Contain field, unless you have a death wish.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp