• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I call RH_ShowHelp using the topid id instead?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2006 Dec 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that when calling RH_ShowHelp using the following syntax:

<A HREF='javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, "context-WebHelp/startpage.htm>Mainwindow", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 10)'>

I can use the Map ID (in this case '10') to display a particular help page. However, is there a way to acheive the exact same behavior, but instead of using the Map ID, I would use the Topic ID.

For example, if I have a help page called Fixing_A_Dent.htm, then the Topic ID assigned by RoboHelp is "Fixing_A_Dent" and the Map ID may be something like "5".

What I want to do is display that help page in the exact same way as before, but using "Fixing_A_Dent" instead of "5".

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EmanuelV,

You might want to try HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC instead of HH_HELP_CONTEXT. In that case, you would replace the map number with NULL and use the topic file name instead of startpage.htm. I'm not sure how this works in WebHelp, but that is what you would do with a compiled help file. Let me know if it works.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a topic on my site written by Tyler Waters that might help if it is webhelp. Click here.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2007 Jan 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter Grainge,

I tried the solution on your website. It is a very good solution. However, when the topic page opens, it closes my original web page. Also, the 'resizable=true' option does not let me resize the topic page. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2007 Jan 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Nevermind, I think I figured it out. Your website gave me a lot of direction. But I modified my hyperlink to look like this...this stopped the webpage from trying to close itself:

"javascript:newWindow=window.open('index_csh.htm#topicid=Fix_A_Dent','myWindow','top=screen.height,
width=600,height=500,toolbar=no,resizable=1');newWindow.moveTo(250,0);"

John McCallum, thanks also for your input. I tried HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC but I don't think it works for WebHelp. I looked through some of RoboHelp's JavaScript pages and it seems that in WebHelp, the HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC is bypassed...almost ignored.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2008 May 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'd like to see the full tags for the link, and any Javascript that needs to be included in the head. Anyone know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp