• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML v7to9 Migrate issue, Screen Tip field in images' properties w/DHTML Drop-down hotspot

Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, thanks in advance for any info you can provide.  All the RoboHelp references below relate to us using the respective version of RoboHelp HTML, and on my XP SP3 pc.

For various reasons, we tried migrating our data from RoboHelp v7 directly to RoboHelp v9, but noticed this same issue also occurred when we tried to migrate our data from RoboHelp v7 to RoboHelp v8, as this was one of the reasons we did not use RoboHelp v8 as our production "version".

I noticed that RoboHelp v9 (and RoboHelp v8) will not populate the "Screen tip:" area/field of the image's properties window with the existing Screen tip text, even though it is in the html code of the page and when viewing the page within RoboHelp (Ctrl-W) or through a browser like IE6 or IE8, the Screen tip text will display when hovering the mouse over the picture.  Only the RoboHelp v7 will properly display the text info in the Screen tip area.

Please note, we have most of our images inserted in a DHTML Drop-down hotspot and use buttons associated with a java script to "Show All Images" (or "Hide All Images") and these examples are the ones that the "Screen Tip:" field in the image's properties did not populate in RoboHelp v9.

Is there any easy way to get the ALT text to appear in the actual "Screen tip:" area/field of the image's properties window in RoboHelp v9, or must they be manually entered?  Otherwise, currently it shows up as all blank, as though we neglected to fill it in.  Is there an actual fix for this?  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some changes have been made in Rh10, see the Rh10 Changed Features in the RoboHelp Tour on my site. I suggest you try the trial version on a machine that you do not use for production work.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!  Thanks, I will check that out!  We are supposed to get RH10 sometime in 2013.  I hope you do not mind me asking, but by any chance would you know if the same data we migrated into RH9 (from RH7) would suddenly populate into that field if we used RH10?  If not, would you possibly know if we migrated directly from RH7 (our production s/w) to RH10 would have a better chance of having the Screen Tip: field in the image's properties being populated with the proper info?  Thanks for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create a one topic project. See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

I will open the project in Rh10 and generate webhelp.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp