• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player 11 NOT working after several attempts to download, uninstall, & reinstall

Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with Adobe Flash Player 11 NOT working after several attempts to download, then uninstall, & re-install. 

I uninstalled the previous versions of Adobe Flash Player from my computer PRIOR to attempting to install the new 11 version, so now I'm unable to view videos, etc., 

I'm using Windows Vista 32 bit, Internet Explorer 9.0 (which I closed when I got error messages during Adobe Flash Player 11 Installation.  I've  disabled my AVG -Virus also during the installation of Flash Player 11.   

FYI, I'm not computer savvy so the YouTube video by Adobe Tech was too complicated to follow AND I'm unable to view  (DUH!) it since I have no Flash Player program installed (doesn't make sense!) .

Thanks for keeping it simple (KISS for me).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Please try the steps outlined here:

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer 9

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the steps outlined here:

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, Chris.  It worked now.

Winsome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling some 30 times now ..rebooting, you name it.

I haven't been able to use flash since Adobe kindly shoved that latest update down my computer's throat.

Right after getting the 'successful' installation message I restart IE9 ..go to my channel on youtube and immediately get the message:

The Adobe Flash Player is required for video playback.

Get the latest Flash Player

I tried Chrome and on two or three it worked but then even after closing out of them ..Chrome slowed down to a crawl and finally informed me that Flash had stopped working.

This has entirely wasted 3 nights of my time. It is 2:30 am and I should have had at least 2hours sleep already to rise at 6:30 but no, thanks this I'm still up and no doubt millions of other computer users are having just as much fun.. Everyone I know that allowed the updates to install ..is having the same problem ..Chrome/IE9/Firefox ...you can truly call it Adobe's Universal Cluster ...

I live with Adobe. At work we have 6 fully Adobied LR4/CS5 & 6/InDesign workstations. I'm a photographer using nothing but Adobe products and quite frankly I feel this is the worst treatment you have ever given your customers.

Please stop the CYA and just fix the damm thing! I realize you didn't write it Chris but surely you can get Adobe management to address this instead of just trying to get their users to try and debug it for the airheads that released it. Has anyone stopped to consider the financial damage being done due to videos not playing the ads that support the sites and no doubt stream revenue to Adobe? These guys have rolled the online experience back 5 years minimum and Adobe will probably pay the price for it. Re-issue a working version and go back to the drawing board!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, Jeff.  It worked now.

Winsome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines