• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the file to manage keywords in FlashHelp?

Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone tell me what file manages keywords in RoboHelp 9 (output format: FlashHelp)? I know that each occurrence of a word in topic is summed to calculate overall weightage of a word in a topic and I would like to see what the file managing this functionality looks like in my project.

So far, I found files rhakeyword.apj and rhkkeyword.apj in my project and but they do not contain some of the keywords I defined in the Keywords field of each properties topic.

Where is the file managing ALL keywords then?

Thanks in advance,

Coami

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Coami.

There is no overarching file that contains all "keywords". Part of your confusion with the files you mention is that RH allows you to specify a "keyword" in a number of places, each with a specific purpose. The rhakeyword.apj file is used for "See Also" keywords, whilst the rhkkeyword.apj file is (I think) used for topic level "index" keywords. On top of this you can assign keywords as part of a topic's properties.

I think what you are referring to is the keywords used to build the search index that controls where a topic sits in the search results. If this is correct, I hope the following link will prove useful:

http://www.cmcandrew.com/robocolumn/archives/3496

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick answer RoboColum(n),

I was actually referring to the keywords used to build the search index.
So, such a file doesn't exist?

During the summer, I'm barely sure that I had an issue when generating the output (or maybe when using SVN, I'm not really THAT sure lol) that erased all the keywords, the conditional tags and the context sensitivity.

Therefore, I thought that such a file might exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said there is no PROJECT file that contains all the search index. However the OUTPUT produced from your project may well have an individual file you can look at. This depends though on your output type. From your other ongoing post is it safe to assume you are also referring to FlashHelp here? If so, I am afraid I wouldn't know where to look. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You assumed right, this is a flashhelp output.

Thanks anyway for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp