• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I authorize a Nook tablet

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't transfer books from adobe Digital to the e-reader.  The error message reads "You do not have permission to copy/transfer this file".   HELP????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to authorize the Nook with the same Adobe ID as that used within Adobe Digital Editions.  Which version of Adobe Digital Editions are you using?  Where did you purchase the book you are trying to transfer from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

I work for NOOK In New York and we have gotten reports from customers and have subsequently replicated for ourselves -- that ADE doesn't recognize our two newest devices -- NOOK HD and NOOK HD+.  Is there a product manager at ADE that i can have my team talk to about how to resolve?

-Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KevColumbia I would recommend you first look into the support agreement Barnes and Noble has available for Adobe Content Server. 

Message was edited by: Jeff A Wright

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Nook, but others (particularly a couple of librarians) have been reporting problems with Nook and ADE 2.0 which are ok on V1.7.2.

Just for completeness it may be worth testing your new Nooks with v1.7.2 as well (if you haven't already).

Version 1.7.2 is a little difficult to find, I found it for PC at http://www.tucows.com/preview/853736/Adobe-Digital-Edition-For-EBooks

Some of this shows on my thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1111732?tstart=0,

which turned out to be incompatibilities with the ADE2.0/PRS-350/Overdrive combination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SJPT so we don't get to far off topic from the original post for this discussion I have responded in the thread you referred me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2014 May 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it is scary to find out even nook group is operating in the dark - i am one step away from returning my nook and getting a reader that doesn't give me a royal headache.  I am tenacious, but this is ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines