• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic Updates

Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Why is it everytime I update i get asked about automatic updates. My main worry is that one day ill be in a hurry and ruch throught the update procedure and forget to change my answer (Im quite sure this is why you do it). At the very LEAST you make the 'Notify' option the default. Any one who cares enough will pick what they want.

apart anything else it is a MASSIVE pain to have to change my answer every time you update, which, lets face it is fairly often

there are many places in windows where you could settings like this. these days i normally prefer a cheeky little INI file but i have been known to place settings like this in the registry.

Ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry Urkules but which Adobe software in specific are you referring too?  It sounds like you might be referring to Flash Player but I am unsure based off your original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The information from that prompt is kept in the mms.cfg file.  It seems that the updater will ask every time it runs, and not use the settings from the mms.cfg file to set the default.

You can ask for that mechanism to change at https://bugbase.adobe.com/ - if you do, post your feature request link back here, so anyone who is also interested in that change can vote.  I definitely would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines