Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cached Query Count exceeds the Maximum number of cached queries

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Server monitor in ColdFusion 10 is showing the Cached query count as 12212 (and rising) even though the is set at 9000, how can I stop the actual Cached Query count from exceeding this limit and just exponentially growing?

CachedQueryCount.jpg

Many thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to replicate this, Chris, and wasn't able to.

Silly question, but are you certain the limit is 9000?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your input, I double checked and can defintely confirm the limit is set at 9000 here is a screenshot from the same instance:

CachedQuerySetting.jpg

Any more ideas?  This seems to be happening across multiple instances but interestingly only on CF10 and not CF9

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have multiple CF10 instances running on that box? I'm wondering ift hey're inadvertently sharing an ehcache, or whether the monitor is misreporting or something?

These are just wild guesses, I'm afraid.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam Cameron. wrote:

Do you have multiple CF10 instances running on that box? I'm wondering ift hey're inadvertently sharing an ehcache, or whether the monitor is misreporting or something?

Or perhaps the server monitor is counting cached queries from all of the instances and not just that one???

EDIT

Sorry, I just re-read Adam's post (the one that I quoted) and see that he also mentioned the server monitor misreporting.  Oops!!  Must be too early in the morning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input people, this happens on all CF10 instances I am running at the moment.  Some are on dedicated servers with one CF instance and others are running up to 4 CF instanances so it looks to be a problem across the board...

Very Strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One theory is that ColdFusion had cached a lot of queries before the limit was set. In any case, 9000 is too large, let alone 12000. That might lead to excessive memory consumption, especially given that the number keeps rising. I would press the button to Clear Query Cache Now, enabling ColdFusion to rebuild the query cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation