Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help installing flash on windows 8

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why dont you have a link here so we can jump right away to this Flash Player forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link regarding Flash Player on Windows 8:

How do I install Flash Player on Windows 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris

I still cannot get Adobe Acrobat Standard XI to download onto my new Windows 8 computer…I downloaded the Adobe Acrobat Pro Trial version on my new windows 8 and it works but I only 25 days left. I use to have the older Adobe Pro, but then when I upgraded, I only upgraded to the Standard version on my last laptop about 2 months ago. When I purchased this new Adobe Standard XI, it said that I had 3 downloads available, so I got a new Windows8 laptop, but I cannot get the Adobe Standard to download on to my Windows8..it says that I need the latest version of Flash Player and I have the latest version..i tried calling adobe and I was on hold for longer than 2 hours..i cannot be the only person having this trouble, that is why the phone is that busy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you might be using the "modern/metro" version of Internet Explorer.  Can you verify that you are using the "desktop" version?  This post should help explain the differences and how to switch between versions.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4814662#4814662

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris… No I was using the desktop version, I cannot stand the M version, guess it would be nice if I had a touch screen..…when I finally got my computer to download the Acrobat Standard XI program, not sure how it worked, but I think it had something to do with Windows 8 not allowing itself to update all my apps and programs, even though my computer was set to automatically update any Windows/Microsoft updates…finally I got my Windows updates done, it downloaded like 36 files…and then I had to restart,(which also could have been playing a factor)…so finally got the program downloaded on Windows 8…but then I tried to run the new program and it says install serial #...so I assume that it was asking for the serial # for the Acrobat Standard XI…finally after googling the web, I found somebody that said try your older serial # from the previous program, and when I did this it finally works.. you would think with a brand new Windows computer I would have no problem installing Windows Updates…somebody needs to make a sticky about this, I am sure I am not the only one haiving this problem..

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser do you want to install it for?  If Internet Explorer 10, it has Flash Player preinstalled, and you don't need to (and cannot) install Flash Player manually.

Use Windows Update to get the latest Flash Player for IE10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines