• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The requested bitrate is not currently available" How to fix it?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The requested bitrate is not currently available" How to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get that when doing what?  On what platform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.

I was trying to play a video using flash player. System is windows-8 and have the latest version of flash player. In fact I was able to watch these videos for last couple of weeks and now all of a sudden got the message "the requested bitrate........"I am using explorer 10. But I believe it has nothing to do with exp or chrom cause I downloaded G-chrome and see the same prob.

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see this problem on any site with Flash content, or only specific sites?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be on specific site. But interesting thing is I used to watch videos available on this site and all of a sudden I got this bitrate error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friend Pat,

Do we have any solution on this?

I was looking online and looks like that Ooyala has this kind of problem on windows 8 and IE10. Am I right.

Where should I go to fix this issue. How come I was able to watch these online videos and all of a sudden it gives me this error?

Thanks for your help

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a link where this is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.starpravah.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Pat,

I'm writing you because i have the same problem. The same message ("the requested bitrate......")  appears when i want to watch some videos..  on this site http://starplus.startv.in/video/showvideo.aspx?sid=26&showid=15&vid=32584&page=16 

A short while ago (one week ago more exactly) I was able to watch videos on this site, but right now I get this message with the bitrate..

I'm using a laptop with Windows 8. I thought of Flash Player, that this could be my problem.. but when i visited adobe.com to install  a new version of Flash, i got the message that i already have the latest version installed..

And i have noticed  something else : i cannot watch anymore some videos on youtube. I get the message that the video is not available in my country... BUT The same videos can be watched on mobile and on other laptops. I'd like to know: is this be because of Windows 8??? If yes, is there a way i can get this fixed and the problem with the bitrate message?

I thank you for your help!

Daniela Jasmine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you the link. I hope you got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same message at both sites that were posted.  You need to contact support for these sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Pat,

Thank you for your reply!

I will contact support from the site..

And the problem with the youtube videos is even more "complicated"!! I'm posting here the sites with the problem. I have a kind request for those who use Windows 8 and read my message here: please, try these sites and tell me and if you can watch these videos! It's very strange because I get the message " The uploader has not made this video available in your country" . But some other people, from my country, even from my city, can watch the same videos which I cannot see!!! 

If anyone has an ideea why this is happening to me, maybe I have to do something, change some settings, etc..,   please, leave a message for me!

Many thanks in advance! All my best wishes for you for 2013!

The sites are  (in fact only youtube is the problem, but I leave two links) : (I'm referring to the RECENT posts on these sites.. I can watch the older ones...)

http://www.zeetv.com/videos/pavitra-rishta-dec-26-episode-video-1.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49q5KfQuDhc

Daniela Jasmine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. Not sure what happened with me getting this message every I wanted to watch ESPN video's but it just went away. I re-installed an anti-virus program. But I was able to view video's before that. Not sure again what happened.

Hope your problem goes away.

-

DanielaJasmine27 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

=============

DanielaJasmine27 created the discussion

"Re: "The requested bitrate is not currently available" How to fix it?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4956980#4956980

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this fixed?  This happeded to me (same message) when I try and watch videos on ESPN.  I can watch videos on NBA.com but not on ESPN.  Not sure what happened.  Please help anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Looking for solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Did you find a solution to this? I have the same problem, "the requested bitrate is not currently available".  I have Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I now get this error on ESPN.com whenever I try to watch one of their videos.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines