Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions

Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble loading the Adobe Digital Editions onto my laptop. When I hit the install space, it appears to be downloading., but then nothing happens. If I do a search, it is listed under my files- Adobe 2.0 Installer. When I open it, there is the message that I may not have the necessary permission, etc...  At this point I enter my user name and password that I set up as my Adobe ID. Then I get a login error/password fail.

What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Thank you for your reply, Pat. I eventually figured out what I was doing wrong- I was trying to open the file when I should have been chosing the option to "run as administer".  When my husband tried loading it onto his computer, it did this automatically- I had to search for my file in the downloads. All is well though, and I am happily reading a book loaned from the library on my new ereader!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system & version?

On Windows the installer file is ADE_2.0_Installer.exe

I just tried the installation, and at no point I was asked for my Adobe ID or a password.  Can you post a screenshot of that panel that asks for your password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Pat. I eventually figured out what I was doing wrong- I was trying to open the file when I should have been chosing the option to "run as administer".  When my husband tried loading it onto his computer, it did this automatically- I had to search for my file in the downloads. All is well though, and I am happily reading a book loaned from the library on my new ereader!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great that you solved it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines