• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 10 Update 6

Engaged ,
Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see CF 10 Update 6 on the CF 10 Admin.

After I download and install and logout and log backin, the update 6 is available still there.

It seems that CF 10 shows previous message or it did not update.

Can you please advise how i can check that does CF 10 did install update or it shows the message for some reason even I downloaded and installed the update?

Your information and help is great appreciated,

regards,

Iccsi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

iccsi wrote:

The version number is 10,0,5,283435 and chf10000006.jar exists.

That tells us that the update JAR was downloaded, but has yet to be installed. To re-install, follow these steps:

1) Stop ColdFusion;

2) (Assuming you're on Windows) Delete the file C:/ColdFusion10/cfusion/lib/updates/chf10000006.jar;

3) Start ColdFusion;

4) Log in to the ColdFusion administrator;

5) Run the server updater; wait till ColdFusion finishes installing the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the ColdFusion Administrator page. Click on the (System Information) button. Read off the values for Version and Update Level. If update 6 is installed, the values will be, respectively, 10,0,6,283435 and /C:/ColdFusion10/cfusion/lib/updates/chf10000006.jar.

Alternatively, run the following code:

<cfoutput>

Is CF update 6 file on server: #fileExists("C:/ColdFusion10/cfusion/lib/updates/chf10000006.jar")#<br>

ColdFusion version: #server.coldfusion.productVersion#

</cfoutput>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the message and help.

Thanks again for helping and information,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iccsi wrote:

That tells us that the update JAR was downloaded, but has yet to be installed. To re-install, follow these steps:

1) Stop ColdFusion;

2) (Assuming you're on Windows) Delete the file C:/ColdFusion10/cfusion/lib/updates/chf10000006.jar;

3) Start ColdFusion;

4) Log in to the ColdFusion administrator;

5) Run the server updater; wait till ColdFusion finishes installing the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million and helping,

It works now,

Thanks again,

Regards,

Iccsi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version and Update Level are correct, but I still see the updates as available and none as installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my post above from 12/26/12.  Since you've already applied the updater, I think you'll have to remove the update first, then follow my suggestion to make sure the ColdFusion service is running as an account with local Administrator priviledges, and install the update again.  You can uninstall the update by opening a command prompt at ColdFusion10\cfusion\hf-updates\hf-10-10006\uninstall folder and running "java -jar uninstaller.jar" (on Windows, I'm not sure what the equivalent commands are on Linux or MacOS).

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manually ran the uninstaller, but nothing really happened. My command prompt hung for a bit, I don't "think" CF restarted, and the version and update level didn't change.

if I remove the updates/chf10000006.jar; file when the update has not been uninstalled, will it break something? How can I even tell if it's uninstalled? Everything (except for availalbe updates/installed updates) points to the fact that update 6 is still applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, you'll have to manually restart ColdFusion after running the uninstall (I've only had to do uninstall an update once, and it was a few months ago).  If after that ColdFusion is still showing the update 6 version numbers, then make sure that you open the command prompt as Administrator to run the uninstaller.  Since the updaters may update more than just the chf1000000x.jar files, simply removing that file may not actually roll back the entire update.  You can take a look at the log files in the \ColdFusion10\cfusion\hf-updates\hf-10-00006 folder to see what other files might have been touched.  I think the previous version of those files will be found in the \ColdFusion10\cfusion\hf-updates\hf-10-00006\backup folder.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the Uninstall log file. It says:

Summary

-------

Uninstallation: Successful.

25 Successes

0 Warnings

0 NonFatalErrors

0 FatalErrors

So I guess it worked. I will remove the jar file in the updates folder and attempt a manuall install of the update this time rather than through the browser,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I stopped coldfusion. Remove the jar file in the updates directory. Manually installed the update from the hf directory. Everything looks good now. Adobe needs to fix their installer as it currently doesn't work from the browser. Thanks Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say that the updaters do work from the browser, if you make sure the ColdFusion service account is in the local Administrator's group.  Every problem I've had with the updaters was resolved by this.  In my case, Windowes Group Policies that are pushed by the Active Directory domain remove the ColdFusion service account from Administrators.  So before I run an updater, I re-add the service account to Administrators, restart the ColdFusion service, and then run the updater.  This has worked without issue on my production server (Windows 2008R2), my local development desktop (Windows 7 64-bit), and my development laptop (Windows 7 64-bit).

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the groups. How do I know which account is tied to Coldfusion? Under the service it says under Log On As: Local System.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is usually recommended to create an account specificially for ColdFusion to run as.  If ColdFusion needs to access resources on another network server or location, that account should probably be created in Active Directory.  Then grant appropriate permissions to that account for any network share or folder structure that ColdFusion needs to access, as well as any local folder structure (including the ColdFusion folder).  If ColdFusion doesn't need to access network resources, a local account will do.  The lockdown guides provided by Adobe offer some good direction on this.  Anyway, whatever account you create, set the ColdFusion service to Log On as that account, then put the account in the Administrators group.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help. I admin Coldfusion but our IT admins the machines them selves. I'll put in a request for them to setup Coldfusion with an account so I can use the updated as it is intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reboot the server after the update?

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem with all of the updaters.  What worked for me was to make sure that the account ColdFusion was running under was added to the local Administrators group.  If it wasn't already, I also had to stop and restart the ColdFusion service after putting the account into Administrators.  Then I was able to get the updater to install properly.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the message and herlp,

Yes, I stop and start the server.

regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information and help,

Yes, I did reboot computer.

regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation