• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring books...

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had Adobe Digital Editions with a log in and password for awhile now on my PC. I recently got a Mac and downloaded ADE. I had to manually transfer some of my ACSM book files to my Mac ADE. Some of them worked, and others did not transfer. Mac and PC have the same log in and password info, so according to the ADE FAQ/Help sections, ADE should have loaded my books automatically. That was not the case. How can I transfer my books from my PC ADE to my Mac? I tried loading them to a flash drive and saving into the Digital Editions folder on my Mac, but it didn't work for some books.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll want the epubs and pdfs, instead of the acsm files.  However you didnt state the errors you were getting so it's hard to ay what's happening to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of 15 or so ACSM files, only 4 wouldn't transfer. The rest transferred just fine and opened in ADE. Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do I get the epub or PDF files? I think all I see are the ACSM files. The error I received says something about License Error, but all the books have the same no copying and license rights (all from same publisher).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pdfs and epubs will get put into your (My) Digital Editions folder underneath the (My) Document Folder.

Having the exact error would be helpful (different errors are caused by different things).  By using the .acsm files you are redownloading the epub/pdf file and getting a new  license - any number of things can happen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for letting me know about the Digital Editions folder. I was grabbing only the ACSM files. After I located the ePub files, I was able to transfer everything. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines