Exit

RH10 Create New Style Sheet from Existing

Participant ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions Adobe posted for Robohelp 10 are as follows:

Create a style sheet

The new style sheet (default.css) is the default until you create a style sheet or link another style sheet to a new topic.

1.   Click the Style Sheet button . If necessary, select View > Toolbars > Formatting to view the toolbar.
  2.   Select New.
  3.   In Name, type a filename and include the .css extension.
  4.   In Folder, select a location.
  5.   (Optional) To base your new style sheet on an existing one, select Copy Styles From. Select a style sheet.
  6.   Click Create, create new styles, and click OK.

The problem is, I don't have the Style Sheet icon (shown in Step 1) on my formatting menu, or any other menu. The closest thing I have is the Properties of Selected Item icon, which opens to your style sheets when you click it from a topic. However, there is no "Copy Styles From" selection on any tab, or in any dropdown.

I can copy the .css file and give it a new name, attach it to a topic and edit the attributes of the styles and hence create a new style sheet. But if Adobe says there's a way to do it within Robohelp with a "Copy Styles From" selection, I'd like to know how it works. Does anyone know where it is?  Thanks!

StyleSheetCreate.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

See if the following video helps you sort it.

http://screencast.com/t/SKZbQpq5

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was superlative!!! Perfect. I just kept looking past that icon. Now I'm all squared away! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp