• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

D600 .NEF files won't open in CS5 Camera Raw?

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.NEF files taken on my new Nikon D600 won't open in CS5 Bridge Camera Raw.

Error Message:   The Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in did not recognise the format of one or more files."

.NEF files taken with the Nikon D90 are opening perfectly.

There must be plug-ins available - I just can't seem to find them. Can someone send a link please?

I am working on a Mac

URGENT help please - I have a whole wedding to edit!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D600 raw files only open in CS6/ACR7.3. You need to upgrade your Photoshop. http://www.adobe.com/photoshop/

An alternative is to use the free DNG Converter to convert your NEFs to DNGs and those will open in older ACR versions. Another alternative is to get Lightroom 4.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have owned 5.1 Photoshop for less than a YEAR! When I bought it they said that it would be at LEAST a year till 6 came out and less than a month later TA DA 6 came out! GURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Now they want me to upgrade again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it really was only a month before CS6, then you may have been or may still be eligible for a free upgrade, but perhaps that was only for a limited time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I bought my 'upgrade from Cs3 to CS5 on Jan 31 2012...I had CS orig for years before that. Order # AD004671634.

Do you know when they actually released CS6 I KNOW it was VERY shortly after I bought CS5 and I was VERY frustrated...I did not know that I could get the free upgrade! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines