• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to find the best FP for a Mac Power PC

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My dad has a Mac with OS 10.4.11.  It's an 800 MHz Power PC G4 with 768 MB of memory SDRAM.  His current version of Flash Player hardly works (video comes out as single images every few seconds) so we want to update it so he can watch You Tube and the like.   We went to the page to install a new version that would work with OS 10.4 and received an error saying that that version of FP cannot be installed because Power PCs are no longer supported.

I then found what looks to be the right version: 10.1.102.64.   But when I tried to download it, it gave me a folder full of icons with weird tags-- .qz, .zip, .bz2, .exe, which I don't understand.

Can someone lead us in the right direction?  We use Safari as our browser (it's version 4.0.4--kinda old, I think--could that have something to do with it?).  We just want the best version of FP that will work with this set-up.  if 10.1.102.64 is the best, how do I get it to work once I press "download"?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

You should use the one that has 'mac' in the name, and a .dmg extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use the one that has 'mac' in the name, and a .dmg extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Pat.  It works very well now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines