Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download Falsh Player on my IMac

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I recently seemed to 'lose' flash player on my IMac.  I have tried downloading a new version but the download won't work.  On the download screen when I click the 'start download' nothing happens except that the timer animation thingy, in the Safari browser address bar, starts going round and round, as would happen when trying to download a big page or when the connection is slow.  Eventually I get a slow script error.  No matter how long I leave it nothing else happens - nothing appears in the download window.  I have tried several times over a couple of weeks.

I have uninstalled all Adobe Player add ons / software which has made no difference.

My system details are:

Imac 8,1

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.4 GHz

L2 Cache:     6MB

Memory:     3GB Total (Slot 1 1 GB, Slot 2 2GB).

Software:     Mac OS X 10.5.8

The flash player version that the Adobe website is trying to get me to download is 1 0.3.183.48.

The 2GB of RAM in Slot 2 was added recently; I am not sure whether this was just before or after my problems with Flash Player started.  It is 'Crutial' memory.  It is 800 MHZ DDR2 SDRAM which is the same spec as the memory in Slot 1 and was as recommened by the Crutial system scan.

I haven't taken it out yet as everything else is working OK and the system diagnostics summary says it is OK, therefore I don't see why it would affect Flash Player specifically.

Any help would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

You can download Adobe Flash Player offline installer for MAC from here :

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.d...

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Vikram

Got your download OK but still struggling. Installation crashes and gives the following message.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Adrian

Process: Adobe Flash Player Install Manager

Path: /Volumes/Flash Player/Install Adobe Flash Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Flash Player Install Manager

Identifier: com.adobe.flashplayer.installmanager

Version: ??? (???)

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd

Interval Since Last Report: 10505788 sec

Crashes Since Last Report: 88

Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 3

Date/Time: 2012-12-28 12:32:39.286 +0000

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)

Report Version: 6

Anonymous UUID: 6AD2ACB0-A7DC-4669-95B7-6BA6FABDEE61

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:

unknown required load command 0x80000022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines