• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble installing CF10 / IIS7

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Windows 7 Ultimate x 64 dev machine. I installed IIS with the .NET Extensibility, ASP.NET, CGI, ISAPI Extensions, and ISAPI Filters checked. Then installed CF10 64 bit and ran the Webserver Configuration Tool telling it to install All websites and allow 32 bit. I ran the mandatory manual update, then the automatic ones.

I create an index.cfm in the default website and can hit it via localhost/index.cfm. Things seem good. I then create a folder called "greg" and an index.cfm in there. I can hit it via localhost/greg/index.cfm. I have a domain pointed to my location and forwarded port 80 to this server. From outside I can hit greg.mydomain.com and I get the index.cfm GREAT! But if I specifically go to greg.mydomain.com/index.cfm I get a 404 error. I CAN however hit the index.html in that dir like this greg.mydomain.com/index.html.

What does this mean?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I forgot to mention In IIS I created a site named "greg", physical path "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\greg" IP address "All Unassigned" Port 80, Host name: "greg.mydomain.com".

It seems like it's probably something simple why IIS will process the default document if it's a cfm but not if it's called by name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but I believe Coldfusion installer does that for you. index.cfm is in the list of default documents at the top. And like I said when I do NOT specify the filename like "greg.mydomain.com" it resolves the index.cfm fine. It's only when I DO specify a filename like "greg.mydomain.com/index.cfm" that I get the 404 error.

Also if I use the default site like localhost/greg I get the index.cfm fine, but when I do localhost/greg/index.cfm I actually get a coldfusion error "file not found". So it sorta seems like some sort of base href sort of behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. A similar problem was discussed in this thread on IIS 7.5. What I gather from there is that someone solved the problem by mapping a virtual directory named "jakarta" to {CFUSION INSTALLATION}\config\wsconfig\{instance_id}, where the instance ID is an integer like 1, or 2, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy crap, thanks! That did it. I guess I just have to create this VD every time I create a site. Wow! I was embarrassed of Coldfusion's installer all throught he CF9 era. Still embarrassed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear! Please kindly mark the question as answered. I say this with modesty. There is something bigger at stake. As you can imagine, a solution like this one will certainly help someone else to in future. Let's then make it easier to find. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation