• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No set up wizard cant authorize computer- digital editions

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded the new digital editions. The set up wizard never poped up and I can't authorize my computer which means I am not authrozied to read my library books on my Nook...Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mother couldn't get ADE to authorize her new Nook HD for her books she checks out through the library. However, we did find that B&N has available through their site free apps for both libraries that use Overdrive Media Console as well as libraries that use the 3M Cloud Library. All you need to do is download these free apps to be able to directly download from your library's site into your Nook.

Overdrive Media Console: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/overdrive-media-console-overdrive-inc/1113021293

3M Cloud Library: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/3m-cloud-library-3m-company/1113021300

Once you have downloaded the correct app for your local library you can access the app in with all of your other apps. Within the app it's self is where you can find your library books. My mother was so excited to find out we could do this and just forget about having to transfer her books from the computer.

As far as books from other sites, I'm not sure that these apps would download them, however I haven't had a chance to test that theory out.

Hope this helps you out and wishing you happy reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For books that you can't find an app to do a direct download to the Nook, but can download to ADE on a PC/Mac.

1. Get the books on the PC/Mac using ADE.
  2. Copy the .epub file to the Nook.
  3. Make sure the Bluefire app is authorized with the same AdobeID as the PC/Mac
  4. Read using the Bluefire app on the Nook HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines