Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Kobo Glo

Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just got a kobo glo to replace my old sony prs650 and when trying to transfer my books using ade they seem to have worked but when I try to read one on the glo all I get is a blank screen and sometimes it takes me back to the home page. I have authorised my glo with my account and the book is actually in my library on the device so I'm not sure what is wrong. I have installed both ade2.0 and the older version but the same thing is happening with each of them. I'm not terrible with computers but I'm not a total whizz either so any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar issues with a small number of books on a Bookeen Cybook Opus.

Are most books are working fine on the glo?

On the Opus, most books work fine; some just won't read or go back to home page as you say;  and trying to read one particular book would reboot the Opus.

None of them has been books I urgently wanted to read, so I just moved onto the next book ~ not a good general solution.

My guess (it is only a guess) is that the books are incorrectly formatted, and that some readers are better able to handle the error.

Where the book is not DRM you could probably use Calibre to do a minor conversion on the book, which might correct the formatting errors.

Alas, if my guess is right I don't see any solution for DRM books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All the books I had previously downloaded from the Kobo website work fine but none of my others do and I only had about 20 kobo books and about 100 others.

I use Calibre anyway as I hated the Sony Reader, it was slow and always crashing, and I have reformatted a lot of books on there which worked fine on my Sony but dont seem to want to work on the glo. I can connect the glo to Calibre too but I just get the same issue.

Weirdly when I tried to change the font or page view on the glo I would briefly get a view of what was written on the page but then it would go back to blank, I'm so confused!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines