• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help ! I can't read my old ebooks on my new kobo glo !

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help ...

I am the owner of two readers : an old Sony PRS650 and a freshly purchased KoboGlo. I have never had any problem with my Sony. I used Reader Library to manage the books I had purchased with Adobe DRM. The device was authorized with a gmail address, as was my computer.

autorisation ADE Reader anonyme.jpg

But it seems that this software can't recognize my Kobo. Thus, I installed ADE 2.0. And it says my computer is authorized without ID. I can read purchased ebooks on the computer, but I can't upload these to my Kobo Device. I can't either authorize my Kobo ...

erreur autorisation ADE.JPG

What should I do to be able to read my purchased ebooks on my new device ?

More, I need to use my two readers since I have given my Sony to my 11 years old daughter (which means I'll buy her books from my computer with my ID ... ).

All this is driving me nuts and ruining our Christmas ... Will anybody find a solution ????

PS : Sorry for my poor english ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SometimesDigital Editions gets device  registration a little confused.

Try explicitly unregistering the Kobo (ctrl-shift-E), unplugging it, and plugging it back in again.

It may then get recognized as an unregistered device, and give you the chance to register again.

If Digital Editions is very confused, you may need to go to file explorer on the PC/Mac with the Kobo plugged in,

go to the drive that is the Kobo,  and delete the directory 'Digital Editions' from the Kobo.

Then restart Digital Editions and Kobo registration may be able to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but my computer does not recognize my Kobo Glo either, so I am not able to delete the directory "Digital Editions" from the Kobo folder.  I purchased a new Kobo book yesterday and it appears in my Kobo Desktop but not on my Kobo itself???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone recently posted that the Nook will not work on a USB hub, but will work if plugged directly into a computer USB port.

I don't know if this applies to the Kobo Glo, but worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was indeed the problem with my Kobo Glo ... working fine now ... thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines