• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2008 Jul 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a simple question. I've been using Captivate for awhile now, and I'm stuck on something I know is very easy. I'm trying to change the background color of my project, and I can't figure out how to do it! I know coming here would be faster than messing around for the rest of the day trying to figure it out. I changed it last week, and now I can't seem to figure it out! Help!!

Patty
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Patty

Try selecting all the slides in either Storyboard view or your Film Strip. Right-click the selection and examine the Slide Properties. Once there you should see an option allowing you to change the Background Color.

Keep in mind, however, that if your project was recorded, each of the backgrounds will consist of screen captures. Thus any change to color won't really affect anything.

If you are creating a project from scratch, you might look at Edit > Preferences... > Project node > Settings node. There you will also find a global option for setting the background color.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patty, how you doing? Glad to see a new face on the user forums! Do this:

1) Open the project
2) Go to the text EDIT menu
3) Select PREFERENCES
4) Move down to the PROJECT menu (or "Project>Settings" - same thing)
5) Halfway down the dialog see "Visual and Sound Effects" area
6) Click the drop-list for PROJECT BACKGROUND COLOR
7) Select you color for the entire project ... *

* Note that you can change the background color of an individual slide within the project by selecting it from the text menu, "Slide > Properties" dialog.

Have a good day.
Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops, didn't see the other community expert there. I would offer a reason to use my suggestion instead of the other (no offense to anyone) ...

If you do as Captiv8tr said and select *all* slides, then change the background color from the slide properties dialog as was suggested by Captiv8tr ... and then you add new slides to the project, you will have to change each and every new slide background color as they are added.

If you use my suggestion, you will be changing the background color of the entire project, so new slides will automatically adopt the background color you chose in the Preferences dialog (Edit > Preferences).

Hope this clarifies the differences in suggestions offered ...
Have a good'un
Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry and Rick,

I was trying what you both were suggesting, and to no avail. I don't know why I can't change the slide background color. It is not a recorded project. Anyway, I wasn't that far into it, so I just started a new project and picked a better color. :

Thanks, Patty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Patty

Sorry we weren't able to help. But the bottom line is that you managed to get it resolved! Good on ya!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources