Problem With Captivate 4 and Windows 8

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've a problem with Captivate 4 on Windows 8 projects :

The mouse is not tracked.

I've applied the last patch for this version (11/15/2011).

Is there another patch for this ?

Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I know this will come off as sounding snarky, but please know it's honestly not intended that way,

Windows 8?

I never was able to make Captivate 4 run successfully on Windows 7. So I'm not the least bit surprised to hear it has issues with Windows 8!

Personally, I'm thinking you are due for an upgrade to Captivate if you want it to work on Windows 8. But then again, I'm not even certain if Captivate 6 is Windows 8 compatible.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Captivate 6 in the Windows 8 RTM preview and it worked fine from what I could tell. I haven't done a through test though, but just ran through my usual work processes and all worked without any problems.

As for getting Captivate 4 to work with Windows 8.. Good luck ;o) Best chance is to run it through the "Troubleshoot Compatibility" and see if that helps. Open the File Explorer and browse to the Captivate 4 install directory. Find the Captivate4.exe file and click the Application tab and then Troubleshoot Compatibility. Try out the various compatibility modes and see if that helps with your problem.

/Michael

www.cpguru.com - Adobe Captivate Widgets, Tutorials, Tips and Tricks and much more..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work with "Troobleshoot compatibility" with CP4.

But it works with the CP6 demo...

So I will migrate to CP6.

Thanks,

Claude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Captivate 6 to Windows 8 laptop. There was no problem in stalling it in Windows 7 PC, but I have a problem in downloading the installer package and opening the executive file. The installer package was somehow saved as a file with IE icon not as an executive file. When I try to open the file, another copy was made in my download folder and the file itself does not open. I tried to use Akamai Download manager instead of downloading the installing package and other two files individually, but Windows 8 PC cannot download Akamai Download manager with an erro sign of 'invalid URL'.

How did you sucessfully instal Captivate 6 to Windows 8 PC? Are you using a download version or package version? I would be glad if I could hear from you. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see this page regarding OS compatibility with Adobe products: http://www.adobe.com/support/OScompatibility.html

You will note that a large number of Adobe apps, including Captivate and Flash, are still shown as NOT being compatible with Windows 8.

Also see this page from the System Requirements for Cp6: http://www.adobe.com/au/products/captivate/tech-specs.html

Note that it says Win7 Service Pack 1.  No mention of Win8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know well that it does not support Windows8. However, because I found one person above (

www.cpguru.com ) actually using it on Windows8, I just wanted to ask the person how he (she?) could install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds to me like the installation files are incomplete downloads. Normally these are shown with an IE icon.

Try downloading the files on another computer and transfer them by USB to your win8 computer. I have all my files on a NAS so I just grabbed the file from that. I didn't download it on widows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this kind advise. I will try it after New Year's holiday. I hope it will work. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources