Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation Server Error. Code: E_AUTH_USERID_INUSE

Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activation Server Error. Code: E_AUTH_USERID_INUSE    -- then it says to try again later. Well, it's now considerably later!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact support. It means what it says: Your user ID is already in use and thus you are not allowed to register.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe product or service are you receiving this error in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Edition, version 2.0. When you want to get EPUB books from the public library here in Ottawa you must install Adobe Digital Edition; then, when you take out an EPUB book it gets copied into the ADE library on your desktop.

Works fine! DRM is set to expire in three weeks and sure enough a yellow diagonal band tht says "21 days" appears across the right-hand corner of the book cover. All good.

Now we get a Kobo Glo for Xmas. ADE documentation says click Help, then Authorize Computer, CTRL+SHIFT+U, and enter your Adobe ID to authorize your desktop; then, when you plug your Kobo Glo into the USP port you can extend authorization to the Kobo and move the book you just took out of the library to the Kobo by dragging it from the ADE screen to the Kobo icon.

Trouble is, after CTRL+SHIFT+U I enter my Adobe ID and password, hit enter, and it says

Activation Server Error. Code: E_AUTH_USERID_INUSE

But it's not true! I'm not logged onto any Adobe website or anything else using that Adobe ID. I created the Adobe ID as instructed, I tried it out, I logged out of the Adobe site, then I tried ADE again. Same message.

Or is the server complaining about something else that is obvious to you but not to me.

Point is - I followed instructions in good faith and hit the wall. Any ideas?

Trisha-Ann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trisha I would agree with Mylenium contact our support team and request that your device activations be reset.  Also please be aware that the Kobo Glo is not currently included on our support devices list.  You can find more details at Digital Editions Supported Devices - http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines