• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error on the activation server

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeps having the following error reported when trying to authorize my PC with Adobe Digital Editions: Error on the activation server". My Adobe ID and password are correct. Anyone know what to do? this has been going on for days.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post the exact error message you are receiving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have been having same problem for four days. Message is E_AUTH_NOT_READY. Library says means server is busy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Not sure if you can help but I am frustrated.  I got past the authorize issue but now when I try to add a public library book to my Adobe Digital Edition library, I get E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFULLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER.  I tried deleting the .acsm files and downloaded the book again from the public library with the same error message.  I am so confused and ready to pull my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFULLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER means that the e-book has already been authorized to a different user account.  The simplest option is to contact the e-book provider and request that they reset the activation for the title. 

Your other option is to sign into the account which was previously activated when you originally downloaded the title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could kiss you.  Sorry if that isn't PC but I have been trying for three days and have at last succeeded.  The book I was trying to copy, I had originally copied on my library card and returned it, then borrowed it on my daughter's card.  I have tried a totally different book from the library and have succeeded.  Now onto my other daughter's reader.  Hopefully it will be seamless.  But thanx again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon.  Am trying to copy a book to my other daughter's Kobo ereader.  Got the book copied to the Adobe Digital Edition but this time when I tried to copy the book, I got CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED.  Do I need to authorize this second device or reauthorize the computer?  Sorry to be such a pest!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Editions 2.0 doesn't work properly with some eReaders. 

With my Sony, not only did the copy protection prevent copy to the Sony,

but while the Sony was plugged in it prevented me reading the books using ADE on the PC.

Once the Sony was unplugged, the books could again be read on the PC.

It may be worth trying with v1.7.2 instead; certainly is if you find symptoms as I just described.

Version 1.7.2 is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editio ns.html

also for PC at http://www.tucows.com/preview/853736/Adobe-Digital-Edition-For-EBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I had no pronblem with either of my Sonys when I loded them (one Jan. 2011 and one in May of this year).  I didn't load the Adobe Edition (at least not that I remember) and when I download a book from the library (even the ones I was trying to load to the Kobos), the book goes right to my Sony.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not usre if this helps in figuring out the problem but after I had problems with the second KOBO, I went back to my first KOBO and tried downloading another book from the public library.  Suuccess.  So the issue is with the second KOBO.  Authorizing problem?  I tried to authorize it but it wanted to reuathorize my computer so I didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an error is found again and again after creating an id and also verify it but when i log into pc with adobe digital editon then it says that "activition server error"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message is E_AUTH_NOT_READY.  I have gotten this message as well.  Even tried setting up an new adobe account and still got the same error message.  I can't use the Kobos I got my kids for Christmas without this getting fixed so for now they are an expensive piece of junk.  I am frustrated beyond belief as Kobo refuses to help me and sent me back to my library where they told me and I agree that the problem was not with the library system.  I know this because I can download these books to my Sony eReader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix that worked for me on a forum. If you had a previous version

of ADE installed you have to unauthorize your computer. Press Control,

Shift, D and a popup should ask you if you want to unauthorize. Click yes

then go back into ADE and authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried and successed with one Kobo reader by unauthorizing my computer and authorizing it again.  My problem now is with the other Kobo reader I have.  I am getting a new message CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED.  I tried again to unauthorize and authorize my computer, then copied the book from the ADE and still getting the error mentioned in previous sentence.  Just managed to figure out how to authorize the second Kobo device and it authoized successfully and still getting this error message.  Help, this is now the third different error message I have received while trying to get my two Kobo readers up and running so that I can get books from the public library and i am going insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2013 Jan 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might have spoken too soon.  Still couldn't copy over the book I was having problems with but tried getting another book from the public library and succeeded in copying it over to the second Kobo.  So tentatively it appears that I have resolved my problems.  I have yet to retry the first Kobo but frankly am scared to in case I find another different error message.  Honestly not inpressed with the Kobo readers; never had this much grief with my Sony.  Not really a computer expert but getting books for my Sony was pretty easy and way better than the Kobos my daughters got.  Thanx for your and everyone else's help.  Better customer service than I got from either Kobo (they wouldn't help because I was getting a book from the free public library as opposed to one of theirs) and the Adobe chat line (which referred me to their help phone line where I would be charged for help because the ADE was a free download.).  I appreciate all of those who offered help.  Hopefully both my Kobos will remain error free.  If not, I will be back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. I got a Nook Tablet for Christmas and I can't open a single one of my books I transfered until I can authorize my ADE. This is ridiculous and very frustating. -.-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tnsprin, posted in another thread http://forums.adobe.com/message/4773741

The e_auth_not_ready can be fixed by deleting your authorization (yes you have one even though it doesn't show) and then reauthorizing.  After launching ADE hit CONTROL+SHIFT+D and say yes to delete authoriztion.  Then go back in and reqauthorize your computer.  You may want to also connect any devices and delete and reauthorize them.

(COMMAND+SHIFT+D for Mac)

I can't vouch for that, but worth a try ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx. I will give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer was helpful and I have deauthorized and reauthorized.  However this just leads me to an new error.  When I try to add a book to the Adobe Digital Edition Library, I get E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER.  I am so frustrated.  Should it really be this difficult to download books from the public library to a KOBO reader.  Can anyone tell me what this error (at least #3 in my series of problems) means and how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue but what I get now is a window pops up saying that it's authorizing, but nothing happens. I've left it in that mode for up to 15 minutes - no errors, just no response. And the delete authorization option does nothing, even in the Liobrary screen.

Earlier yesterday I was getting a system error message, so I expect there's an issue at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dblackb999 are you getting stuck at authorizing in Adobe Digital Editions or where exactly?  Also which operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

I persisted in trying to authorize a new computer until finally, this afternoon, the authorization proceeded correctly. I don't know what the issue was as I was using the same user id and password all along.

FYI the O/S is Windows 7. Now at least all my purchased books are in my folder to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem with all my books.  This is the error message:

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 12.34.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines