• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 2.0

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempted to download public library books to Nook and ADE 2.0.  File download does not complete as the file is .acsm vs a PDF.

Please advise as this never occurred prior to the upgrade to 2.0 ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

THANK your response as your solution and idea has assisted me in opening the files and loading on my Nook.   Happy New Year to you and yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

Please open the ACSM file in Adobe Digital Editions.   Adobe Digital Editions will then download the PDF/e-book/ePub and make it available within Adobe Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jeff says, public library books normally initially download as a .acsm file, and ADE automatically downloads the real .pdf or .epub file when opening the .acsm.

When things are working properly this goes smoothly enough that you might not have noticed the .acsm files.

(Look in you downloads folder and yout might very well see lots of old .acsm files).

There have been a few bugs in ADE2.0.  If you don't get a working solution with v2.0, try uninstalling and reinstalling 1.7.2. 

(I think the change from v2.0 to v1.7.2 is the upgrade, but many people must be using V2.0 very happily.)

Version 1.7.2 is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

also for PC at http://www.tucows.com/preview/853736/Adobe-Digital-Edition-For-EBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK your response as your solution and idea has assisted me in opening the files and loading on my Nook.   Happy New Year to you and yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines