• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failure to publish WebHelp Pro

Participant ,
Dec 21, 2006 Dec 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish my project to a server that hosts RoboEngine, RH takes a long time to do anything, but eventually fails and crashes. The message I receive in the display window at the bottom of the RH interface reads as follows:

Warning: Failed to publish to "Server". reason: Failed to connect to server.

I am using my own account (with administrator rights on the remote server) and password to connect to the server. The server itself [u running--I can connect to it remotely without a problem. Also, we can rule out corruption--I created a new single-topic project and encountered the same problem.

This worked fine just five weeks ago. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 08, 2007 Feb 08, 2007
Follow-up: I deleted the password that was saved in the layout and entered my current password. The most likely sequence is this one:

1. My password expired on the server.
2. I changed the password during a remote session connection, but did not connect the dots, so I didn't change the password saved to the WebHelp Pro layout.
3. Several weeks went by before I tested the publishing feature again, so I forgot what I had done in step 2.

I have a strong suspicion that I tried changing the layout ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Dec 21, 2006 Dec 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FLAME ON
IT folks just love to move things, rename things, and adjust group lists without alerting anyone. When it's brought to their attention, they reluctantly discover the problem, fix it, then tell you it should now work (without any apology).
FLAME OFF

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2006 Dec 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After more research, I discovered that the last mod our LAN guys made to the server had to do with the firewalls. These are almost certainly the cause of the problem, and we'll be looking to rectify it later this week. Using FTP to create a new project folder "works" in the sense that I can create a new folder in the "Projects" folder, but RoboEngine doesn't pick up on the folder as a new project. I'm reasonably confident that I could use the FTP function to overwrite/update the contents of an existing project, but I'm not going to try it unless no other option is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2007 Feb 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Follow-up: I deleted the password that was saved in the layout and entered my current password. The most likely sequence is this one:

1. My password expired on the server.
2. I changed the password during a remote session connection, but did not connect the dots, so I didn't change the password saved to the WebHelp Pro layout.
3. Several weeks went by before I tested the publishing feature again, so I forgot what I had done in step 2.

I have a strong suspicion that I tried changing the layout password after I first discovered this issue, but it's possible that (a) I entered the wrong password or (b) my memory is faulty. Regardless, the project publishes correctly now, and the mystery has been removed (somewhat).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp