• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues After Install

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed ADE 2.0 on my HP Pavillion g series computer which runs Windows 7.  My User was currently using 1.7 and then updated it to 2.0, and now the program will install and open, however once anything is clicked it will freeze up and become unusable, and has to be closed via the task manager.  No error reports are available.  I'm just curious if there is an issue with the program itself.

Listed below is the computer in question:

HP Pavillion g7-1328dx

AMD A4-3320m APU with Radeon HD graphics, 2.0ghz

4GB Ram

It's running Adobe Reader 10 and has all windows updates.

If there's anything else i need to add, please let me know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seem to be quite a few issues with ADE 2.0.

Most can be resolved by uninstalling and reverting to 1.7.2.

As a matter of interest, is it always unstable, or only if you have an eBook reader plugged in?  If so, which one?

If you've lost your install for version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find,

available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editio ns.html

also for PC at http://www.tucows.com/preview/853736/Adobe-Digital-Edition-For-EBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either.  I think there is a program other than the antivirus interfering with the ADE 2.0, because it runs perfectly fine on my windows xp computer with the same antivirus and an windows 7 computer with a different antivirus.  Also, the .exe file was last updated on 9/18 (the day ADE 1.7 was installed) and the other files not in folders in the application folder not sure what they are atm) are all the same way.  ADE 1.7 may have a cache somewhere that isn't uninstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right click on the .exe file in Explorer and choose Properties.

Go to the Details tab and look at product version.

That should tell you which version the .exe is.

My v1.7.2 exe file says Version 1.7; and has filesize 13.3Mb.

If you have got some corrupt mix of versions,

best to uninstall everything, delete the "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions" or whatever directory (if uninstall didn't),

then reinstall whichever version.

I don't see any other cached versions around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines