Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Copy Books To E Reader

Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an S Sence e-reader. It came with ADE installed when I bought it. 

I have just purchased 2 books this morning and cannot copy them from my PC to the e reader. The e reader is showing up under Devices in ADE but if I try to authorise it so I can copy my books to it I get a message saying

E Adept _ Request _ Expired  which is followed by a string of symbols and letters.

My computer is authorised just fine and I have no probelms with it at all. But I would like to put the books I buy on the e reader for travelling. Does anyone know if the reader itself is the problem or what can I do to fix it.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are suggestions elsewhere that this might be that the time settings on the e-reader don't match those on the computer:

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/error-e-adept-request-expired.html

Other forums indicate that this e-reader is the same as others that don't supprt DRM (Digital Rights Management).

There are so many slight variants of e-readers of this kind that I wouldn't treat that information as reliable;

If that is the case, you will not be able to use the r-eader for most bought books, or borrowed library books.

You can still use it for reading free e-books, such as from Project Gutenberg (http://www.gutenberg.org/); mostly older out of copyright books.

A closer look shows this ereader does support Adobe DRM books.

You should be able to transfer non-DRM e-books to the reader using the Calibre software, http://calibre-ebook.com/

which many prefer to Digital Editions.

This does not involve any Adobe registration; which is only part of ADE to support DRM capabilities.

Or, you can probably copy them just using Windows Explorer or equivalent file manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I had another look and yes I see the time is incorrect on the e reader so I will fix that and see what happens.

EDIT:  I changed the date and time so it is now correct and same problem. The manual that came with it says it is compatible with ADE and how to authorise your device. I followed that and I also checked the instructions on Google Books where I bought the books from,  I still get that same message with "an error has been encountered on the activation server" underneath it.

I was able to authroise my PC just fine. The e reader is still showing under devices in Adobe Digital Editions but I get that activatuion server error message now if I click on authorise.

I have found some books on sites like Smashwords and Prject Guttenberg and have no probelm darg and dropping them to the e reader. Just the "paid" books are giving me problems.

No matter. I will just have to stick to the open source books I guess  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try an older version of ADE, such as 1.7.2.

There are various issues with 2.0 with various eReaders (including my Sony PRS-350) so it's worth a try; but not at all sure it will help.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editio ns.html

also for PC at http://www.tucows.com/preview/853736/Adobe-Digital-Edition-For-EBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always worth a try, thank you 

I bought a couple of books from Smashwords and they were fine, just drag and drop. They may not have the DRM though Im not sure. Seems that is what is giving me the trouble with the books I bought from Google Books.

Try again and see what happens 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines