• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OSX Photoshop Elements 11 upgrade will not install

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Photoshop Elements 11 (upgrade)  after purchase, and then tried to install.

I get the Agree to License page OK,

Enter Serial No - I get a green check mark,

I enter Adobe ID and Password, and it authenticates,

then the Option Page.  Product "Photoshop Elements ..." is shown with an icon and a grayed out check mark in the left column. 

"Adobe Photoshop Elements ..." is in the column to the right, but the "All Components" is grayed out and cannot be clicked.

I have tried to click on the "Photoshop Elements ..." but nothing happens

The Install button is NOT grayed out

If I click the Install button, nothing happens - I mean nothing - no error indication,,,, nothing - it clicks in but nothing happens. 

Is there a logfile somewhere which can tell me why it is not installing? 

BTW, it is an upgrade but it never asks me for a previous full version serial number. Perhaps that is only done at activation?

Thanks.

jeff.

Macbook Pro, Early 2008 15 inch

OSX Version 10.8.2

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB

70 GB free disk space

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Thanks Jeff, but it only asks for the current serial number - Which I know is not right.

I did get it to install, however, by manually going in and deleteing all references to Adobe from my system.  The Installer is not handling an exception properly and is failing.  Sorry, that's a bug.  The offending file apparently was in /library/application support/Adobe.   For my purposes, I only have to re-install one additional product to insure that everything still works.  The fact that it installed an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you enter the serial number for Photoshop Elements 11 as well as your qualifying previous version of Photoshop Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, but it only asks for the current serial number - Which I know is not right.

I did get it to install, however, by manually going in and deleteing all references to Adobe from my system.  The Installer is not handling an exception properly and is failing.  Sorry, that's a bug.  The offending file apparently was in /library/application support/Adobe.   For my purposes, I only have to re-install one additional product to insure that everything still works.  The fact that it installed an update without asking for a previous serial number is also a bug - perhaps the same bug not completely cleaned up.   My opinion is that they either have to fix the installer or offer a cleaner - maybe there is a cleaner but I did not know about it.  I am marking this as complete but the developers clearly have some work here.  Perhaps it is not possible to handle every exception - I can accept that also.

jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update Jeff.  There can occassionally be file permission issues which can cause serial numbers to be seen as invalid.  From your description it sounds like this may have been what you ran into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines