• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing version 11.4.402.278

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I install Flash 11.4.402.278 on a new Windows 7 64bit OS and then open IE9 it freezes. Once I remove Flash or use an earlier version, IE works fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Which version of Internet Explorer 9 are you using ? (Help -> About Internet Explorer)

I have 9.0.8112.16421 and no issue at my end.

Also if possible try to do a clean install for Adobe Flash Player (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/clean-install-flash-player.html)

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same version, 9.0.8112.16421

This is a clean install. Have a base image of Win7 64bit with, Office 201 (32bit), Standard Acrobat 10.x and Winzip.

I reimage the disk and install the current Flash. I add the computer to the Domain and I login as the god user for the domain and IE9 works fine.

When I log in as a regular user, he is in the local Administrator group at this time, IE9 freezes and will not complete the startup routine. I go in to IE9 and disable the Plugin, then it works. Turn the plugin back on and it fails. Installing version 11.3.x and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Seems to be a permission issue with your local Administrator of computer.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would disagree. when I use a lower version. Like 11.3.300.271, it works fine.

We only seem to have the issue with the current version 11.4.402.278. Even version 11.4.402.265 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this exact same problem for about the last month.  Windows 7, 64bit version, home premium.  IE9 just hangs when Flash Player is installed - only uninstalling it allows use of IE9 to continue.

Presumably this started happening after an automatic update, as previously everything worked fine.

It is not now possible to view video items on major web sites such as BBC News, or other similar sites.

From web searches there are HUNDREDS of people out there with the same problem.  Lots of suggested answers but no certain solutions.

Adobe we must now ask you in very strong terms WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET THIS SORTED????

And we want a proper solution - not completely unhelpful comments like "Seems to be a permission issue with your local Administrator of computer."

COME ON  ADOBE - GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try if Flash Player 11.5 beta works better?

If not, you could get it fixed by posting in the 11.5 beta forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/labs/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer11-5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

please check: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3321659

beta 11.5 does not fix the problem within my enviroment.

@Adobe: Please fix this issue asap!

kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the latest Update to the 11.5 beta seems to fix the problem for me.

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been having this issue for months.  Even the newest version of flash, Beta 11.6 is still having this issue.  If you are a local or domain administrator Flash works fine, but from version 11.4 and above it fails if you are a regular domain user.  When my users open IE9, it's tries to open the default webpage (MSN) and it has to be ended from task manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines