• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi BC, I have an issue with BC. When the shopping cart is used it takes stock out of inventory and h

Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BC,

I have an issue with BC. When the shopping cart is used it takes stock out of inventory and holds it, regardless of whether or not a customer proceeds to purchase. OK.

To make matters worse, the stock is only cleared from the shopping cart when the customer closes the browser - not when they close the shopping window.

Now lets say a customer doesn't close their browser for a month - it happens! .. when their stock is finally returned it may throw out our stock levels that have in the meanwhile been adjusted. So their stock will be added on top of an accurate stock take, putting stock in that isnt really available.

This is causing us mayhem.

We have not yet seen if stock is actually returned at all. In the test we did today where we filled a shopping cart then closed the browser without making a purchase, the stock was not returned immediately. So we dont even know when it will be returned - thats IF a customer actually closes their browser. Any solutions out there?

Jo

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The way stock is managed in this situation is desirable for many in that case otherwise shopping on a site and adding to cart would not be viable or use friendly.

What you mention about not closing a browser though is a case that is not true. IF you go into the shop settings in the admin you can see the cart restore timer which is by default 24 hours but you can change this to as low as 1 hour if you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kim

This is the response I got.

I will look into this.

Jo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tested filling the shopping cart then closing the website. The only way I could get the shopping cart to empty was to close the browser. Are you saying it is different to this?

Thanks

Jo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You waited 24 hours or changed the cart settings?

Who is Kim?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines