Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems downloading Flash Player for a Mac Power PC G5

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried downloading several different versions of Adobe Flash Player for my Mac Power PC G5 desktop. I'm using Mac OSX Version 10.5

According to the Adobe website, for this Mac and with this operating system, I should download and install a version of Adobe Flash player with the following code:

10_1r102_64

When I download it, it then downloads a folder with lots of different versions. Many contain the words Linux or solaris, but the following title includes the word Mac. As I use a mac, I'm assuming this is the one I need:

flashplayer10_1r102_64_mac_sa.app.zip

However, when I then try and install and use it, it tells me it's not compatible with a Power PC. The website just seems to be sending me around in circles...

Anyone got any suggestions?

Ideally, a link to a version of adobe flash player that is known to definitely work on my computer...

Thanks

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nick,

In the following page, you have information on installing Flash Player on PowerPC-based Mac machine. http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html#main-pars_header_...

Did you try those steps?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunil,The info on this page implies that my mac isn't up to spec to run Flash player version 11. Is there an earlier version of flash player that will work on my machine?ThanksNick

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

'flashplayer10_1r102_64_mac_sa.app.zip' is not the correct install file (this is a 'standalone' version of Flash Player).  To install Flash Player, use the file named 'flashplayer10_1r102_64_ub_mac.dmg'.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines