• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connect Google Android devices

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashbuilder/using/WSe4e4b720da9dedb5-2e7310a1136ab7c1811-7ff3.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I save above mentioned change in android_winusb.inf when Windows claims an access denied error alert?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. I am able to update and save this file. Do you have it open somewhere else or maybe have the SDK Manager or Virtual Device Manager running?

Sorry I can't be more helpful,

Randy Nielsen

Senior Content and Community Manager

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have closed everything but still alert. I will try on another device and compare the settings.

B.t.w. - I am also unclear about No.6: Copy and paste a comment and hardware listing - where does each comment start and the listing end?

Is this the complete addition for Nexus 7 for example:

; Nexus 7

%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, NEW HARDWARE ID

I´d really appeciate your help - (for arts on the web).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally an installation package of drivers for androids from the developer site of android solved the problem:

http://developer.android.com/tools/extras/oem-usb.html#Win7

There are instructions for different O.S. and Wndows Versions and the installation is commented.

Everything works fine now with Nexus debugging. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Flash Builder 4.7. I've connected my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201, which is in the list of supported Android Devices. Drivers are installed and windows recognizes the device, and allows me to transfer files to and from the device no problem. However, Flash Builder does not recognize the device when I try to debug. USB debugging is turned on in the tablet. I've tried adjusting all the Developer settings on the tablet, but Flash Builder still will not recognize the device. Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nwoevhm,

Make sure the device is not mounted as an external drive. Flash Builder/Android SDK needs to see your phone as a phone, not a mounted drive.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Randy Nielsen

Creative Cloud Product Integration Manager

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Randy, but that option doesn't seem to exist on this tablet. My only options are Media Device and Camera.

After some research it seems I'm not the only person having this problem with the TF201. I found this link which seemed to help MAC users having the same issue, but I still can't get it to work for Windows. http://nc-design.net/home/-/blogs/debugging-air-mobile-on-the-asus-transformer-prime-tf201-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. That's odd. If you have the appropriate USB driver installed and haven't mounted as a Media Device, it should work.

I only have one more idea: Do you have the Android SDK installed? If so, navigate to the platform-tools directory in a command shell and issue an adb devices command. This will tell you whether or not the Android Development Kit recognizes the device. (Because Flash Builder not recognizing the device is really Android not recognizing the device).

HTH

-Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Samsung Galaxy S4 is doing the same thing to me...  I cannot get Flash Builder 4.7 to recognize it at all, despite the fact that it does show up correctly in the Windows Device Manager -- it says "Samsung Android ADB Interface in the Device Manager, so Windows is clearly recognizing it correctly...

One thing I have noticed -- when I plug in the phone, it automatically defaults to "Media Device".  There is no option to turn that off -- I can leave it either as a Media Device or switch to Camera mode, but there is no option to turn off the connection.  It always shows up on Windows Explorer as an external drive, no matter what I do.

Where is this 'platform-tools' directory you're talking about?  Where can I find the adb command?  I can't find it anywhere in my Flash Builder 4.7 folder...

Thanks for any help you can give.

Laurence MacNeill

Mableton, Georgia, USA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The platform-tools directory is part of the Android SDK, which you download separately these days from developer.android.com.

And you might want to check http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16256048/eclipse-android-sdk-cannot-see-new-samsung-galaxy-s4-dev.... It sounds like a similar problem to yours.

HTH

Randy Nielsen

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yeah -- I've already done that.  Developer Options is enabled, and I have selected USB Debugging...  If I turn off USB Debugging, the phone doesn't show up as "Samsung ADB Interface" in the Device Manager -- it only shows up as an external USB drive in Windows Explorer...

I guess I'll try downloading the SDK and see if that will work...

L.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you enable Developer Mode? It sounds weird to me, but this page describes the "secret handshake":

http://blog.immersion.com/2013/05/developer-options-galaxy-s4/

Let me now how it goes.

-Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, developer mode is on.  I can see a Developer Options item on the Settings screen, and I have USB Debugging turned on.

Thanks,

L.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, typing "adb devices" from a command-prompt gives me no devices attached.  So if the Android SDK can't recognize it, I'm assuming Flash Builder 4.7 never will...  I'll report back if I figure out how to get the Android SDK to recognize it.

L.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Good luck. My only other suggestion is to try restarting, but it sounds like you've already tried just about everything.

-Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines