• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The WEIRDEST behavior ever

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2006 Dec 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the weirdest behavior i've ever seen in 8 years using CF. My CF 7.0.2/Win2003 AS/Jrun is hanging everyday. Sometimes it dies 8:10, sometimes 8:20.... sometimes processor % is 50%, sometimes is 0%. It's impossible to restart only CF, we need to reboot the machine. I put the simultaneous requests to 64, sometimes it hangs using 32, sometimes 63, sometimes 64.

Perfmon Shot 1 - Hangin at 27 running requests, Simul. set to 48, no queues, no timeouts, not a daamn clue.

Perfmon Shot 2 - today... running requests at 45 (simultaneous to 64 max...??) processor time dropped to zero?

We have timeouts on every CFFTP and CFHTTP, now we're finishing putting timeouts on every cfquery...

1) We thought it was those damn unresponsive threads, but nothing is scheduled to run at this particular timeframe.
2) We thought it might me a RAR application compressing database backup... NOPE, rar was rescheduled to 8:45 and CF died ate 8:10 this morning..
3) We've been having this everyday...
4) Database is running on a separate server, perfmon is telling me its running smooth, although it looks like db server isn't responding...
4) Overall timeout set to 60sec, individual database timeout 30sec. CFHHTP/CFFTP timeouts, 20-30 sec.

I'll be checking for network problems and etc. but there's a question pending answer: Why da hell CF is going thru the roof in simultaneous requests and hanging and queue is zero (we had a 1-second 10 queues peak once) and its not timeouting.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 27, 2006 Dec 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you're getting a DOS attack?

We normally deal with those at the router level. I don't know how to make CF immune without ruining the experience for legit users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2006 Dec 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought about it, but im still thinking about on thing. Why did CF hang without queuing nor timeouting a single thread? in some cases it didn´t even reach the max simultaneous requests....

thanks for the time, MikerRoo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,
I too faced the same problem some times and had to do the Machine restart (not CF AppServer). That time it was not related to multiple requests but with any requests having infinite loops. So when we fixed the code it was working fine. So i was also wondering why the CF pushing the CPU to the roof instead of handling the infinite problems!!! So please make sure there is no such loops in the code. And if you are facing the problem on specific time, check any scheduler is running the problematic code on that time. And please do update here if you found the exact problem
SADIKH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexeiramone, *

Performance monitor shots indeed -- two adult URLs complete with IDs! Show some respect. Some of us are at work.

* = edited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2007 Jan 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BKBK, im really sorry for this, i haven't noticed the adult content... i just found this image hosting site and uploaded the perfmon shots.. and, it's Alexei my name... and it's not what youre thinking, this is a damn free image hosting site, im not earning nothing form it. feel free to update an image there and see how it works...

Sadikh, i've spotted a schedule ending near hang times, it consists in a big cfloop with tons of cfhttps inside. thanks for your reply, got your idea, it seems to be the right approach. Since I believe I could isolate the problem, now i'll focus on triggering the weird behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2007 Jan 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> .. and, it's Alexei my name...
OK, Alexei*, you should then have replaced the links by now.

* = edited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2007 Jan 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BKBK Go cry somewhere else, GET LOST... having 2700+ posts doesn't give you the right to offend people. I said i'm sorry once, period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated the image shots to a different hosting server, now ppl who might be offended by those stupid banners won't be anymore. Thanks for user BKBK for politely pointin this thing out. You're the best, BKBK....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
> BKBK Go cry somewhere else, GET LOST...
> posts doesn't give you the right to offend people.

No, no amount of posts gives one that right. It is not nice to call people names. I will follow your advice and, indeed, get lost.

> I've updated the image shots to a different hosting server
You know it makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation