• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confusion over bits! OS bits, IE bits, Adobe bits.....please confirm.?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working  on a 64 bit WIN 7 Home Premium OS and I have both IE9 64 bit & IE9 (32bit) showing in my Start Menu,  a Flash Player 32 bit icon in my Control Panel, and last but not least, Adobe Flash Player verification shows Win 7 64 bit current 15.5 Player.

How do I figure out what the heck is going on?? !!!!  I am an ARTIST, not an IT Tech (kudos to you guys!), and this issue has really cut in to my ability to create and view many important items.

I NEED this to work...

I've been trying to find a solution to the error messages  regarding scripting errors, outdate Flash Player, IE crashes and so forth,

but my attempts at finding a solution  only created more confusion!

player works on 64 bit doesn't work in ie 9 32 bit version  but does if you have win 7 os but on a 64 bit version.........etc!  HUH?

Someone, anyone PLEASE help!? I just want to go back to creating and not be interupted by error pop-ups!

Thanks....and, Happy New Year everybody.

Forever greatflul,

Ingrid

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very confused by your post; in fact I do not understand what your problem is at all.

You shouldn't worry about 32-bit or 64-bit; Flash Player will automatically install itself correctly for the given environment.

You write that "player ... doesn't work in ie 9 32 bit version"; what exactly does that mean?

Please describe what your exact problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2013 Jan 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question? I apologize for being such a ninny!

Re: the statement I made, "player...doesn't work in ie 9 32 Bit version"... When I open the start menu, there are two Iternet Explorers listed,

Internet Explorer (64 Bit)

Internet Explorer

I've been using the 64 bit version. Recently I started getting messages telling me I needed to upgrade my Flash Player. When I check the site it tells me I have the latest version.  I became frustrated and started using the other Internet Explorer in the start menu, and ran in to similar problems!

Is there a seperate update for each? Am I supposed to update both even tho I have a 64 bit system?

They both hang and crash so much I'm ready to try anything to fix....

Ingrid

I should have been taking screen shots.....will do so now and post......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2013 Jan 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i happened upon your post and decided to help ....my advice would be to ....first you will need to install mozilla firefox temperarily... then after that browser is installed go to the uninstall programs section in your control panel which you will find by pressing the start button....after you are there uninstall both of the internet explorers you installed before on the system ....then uninstall the flash player and/or players you installed on your computer then restart your computer...after that click on the mozilla firefox browser and go online again and go to the internet explorer web site again and download the 64 bit internet explorer again and then go back to the adobe flash player web site again and download the player again ....after you do both those downloads and restart your computer go back onto internet explorer and it should have fixed the problem ...then you should go back offline and uninstall mozilla firefox browser if you dont want to use it anymore .....i also have a 64 bit system 🙂 ...i hope this helps to get things fixed ....i think your two seperate programs were conflicting with your system so this should fix the problem 🙂                                                                                                                            p.s. download the adobe flashplayer 11 ...its the newest flashplayer which you need to check on every so often to see if they have created a new version of to keep up to date so you wont recieve messages saying you need to upgrade your flashplayer because they change what is used on gameing sites and other places to the new version to keep viruses and other fixes updated on the player 🙂

Message was edited by: TLCherokee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no separate installation for 32-bit and 64-bit. Installing Flash Player will update both versions of Internet Explorer. Could you please check if ActiveX Filtering is disabled in both browsers? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html#main_2__Disable_ActiveX_Filt...

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sunil... I did as you asked and checked to make sure that Active X Filtering was disabled in both versions of the browser. They were both disabled.

I may sound crazy, but it seems like the problem is getting worse! The 32-bit version loads maybe 1 out of 5 times at this point.

I am also confused as to which version I SHOULD use when I use the internet???

I am honestly considering a complete SYSTEM RECOVERY / FACTORY SETTING fix.....that is how frustrated I am with this!

Ingrid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ingagirl999 wrote:

I am also confused as to which version I SHOULD use when I use the internet???

For Flash Player it doesn't matter if you use the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.  If you have more than 4GB of RAM on your computer, then the 64-bit version may run faster.

However, some plugins (e.g. Adobe Reader) will only run on 32-bit browsers.  If you want to view online PDF files in the browser, it must be with the 32-bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines