• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

X5.0.1 Update Error

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2006 Dec 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to generate Printed Documentation from RoboHelp which required us to update Word (we upgraded to 2003) and Robohelp (to X5.0.1).

When I try to update to X5.0.1, the installer reports "Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk. Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path."

Unable to locate file C:\DOCUME~...<path info>\Temp\_is3A\RoboHelp Office X5.0.1 Update .msi."

Then I get a Error 1706 message - "No valid source cound be found" followed by a

Feature transfer error: "1603 Fatal error during installation...Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.

Has anyone else seen this or have an idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!
-Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2006 Dec 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to install RH, is the updated version of Word already on your PC? Word needs to be installed first. To install RH, you must do so with your own login and with admin rights attached.

Are you trying to install RH to anything other than your hard disk and is Word installed on your hard disk?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2006 Dec 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Peter, I removed RH and Word then installed Word and RH in succession. Before resinstalling I also removed the updates (5.0.1 and 5.0.2) using add/remove programs. All is well now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp