• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table set to Autofit to Contents doesn't display correctly in RH10

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded from RH9 to RH10 and all my tables are set to Autofit to Contents.  After upgrading, the first column of every table is huge/wide, therefore, it's very difficult to work with the remaining columns because they're so condensed.  I've been waiting for an answer to this issue for over 2 months from RH support so thought I'd see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem and if so, if they found a resolution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that you have your tables set to a defined width but the columns within them autosize depending on the content in them? If that is the case I would expect RH to work this way if the content of one cell was large enough to squash the rest of the columns. Can you tell us a bit more about how you are sizing your tables? It is good practice to use a percentage value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they are not set to a defined width.  I right-click on the table and select Autofit to Contents and the first column is huge with plenty of space still available in the first column.  It didn't work/look this way in RH9.  See screenshot below.

autofit to contents.png

However, it looks just fine when I generate the output. 

autofit to contents output.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same in a new table created from one of the default tables that ships with RoboHelp. Looks like a bug.

If you use Fit to Window, it works. The choice is to live with the bug or switch to another option.

You should report the bug.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming.  I reported the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp