• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Import" not working to copy topics from another project

Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am following the instructions in the RH9 help to import topics from another RH9 project (instructions listed below).

Everything seems to be working until I get to step 8.  When I click Open, I get a "Confirm Overwrite" dialog that lists some files such as the .css, which I assume it needs to copy from the other project. That's fine - the files are the same in both projects - so I click OK. 

I never get to a point where I can click Yes to copy the file into the folder.  And the file doesn't get added to the folder.

Any suggestions?  I do not want to have to manually cut and paste the topic info into a new topic - there are lots of them that I need to import from the other project.

thanks,

Jenny

1.   Select View > Pods > Project Manager. The Project Manager pod appears.
  2.   Open the HTML Files (Topics) folder.
  3.   To save the file in a subfolder, select the folder.
  4.   Select File > Import > HTML/XHTML File.
  5.   Navigate to the HTML/XHTML file.
  6.   Select the file. Press Ctrl to select multiple files.
  7.   Click Open.
  8. Click Yes to copy the file into the project folder. Click Yes To All to copy the file and all its components.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the dialog where you confirm the overwrite, the next dialog should report the files have been successfully imported and the only button is Close.

Are you perhaps importing topics with the same file name as they will get overwritten, that's what the dialog is warning you about.

Try the process in a new project, just to see if it works there.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, I found something that works, sort of back-door.  If the file I want to import has any references to files that already exist in the project, then it won't import (even after it asks if I want to overwrite those files and I reply Yes).  However, if I change the references in the file I want to import (for example, change slhelp.css to temp.css), and then try to import it, it works. 

And yes, I did make sure that the referenced files were writable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The expected behaviour is that the topic will import except into a folder that already has a file with the same name. There I cannot recall offhand if it declines to import or warns the existing topic will be overwritten. That apart, the associated files (CSS, images etc) can be allowed to overwrite by leaving them selected or prevented from overwriting by deselecting them, except because of a bug in Rh9 they are getting overwritten regardless.

What Rh never did, and still does not even with that bug, is stop the import because of linked files except maybe if the topic filename already exists in the folder. Even there, without testing, my money is on the old file being overwritten.

Something else is at play here.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp