• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replaced my computer. Now cannot authorize the new one.

Jan 06, 2013 Jan 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Editions in downloading books from the library to read on my Nook reader. I recently replaced my original desk top computer with a new one. Now I can still download books to Digital Editions on my new computer but cannot transfer them to my Nook. I keep getting a notice that I need to authorize my Nook. But when I try, I get a message saying :You can only authorize this computer with an ID that hasn't been previously used to authorize any other computer or mobile devices. Please try again."  Since my Adobe ID is my email address, Do I have to set up a seperate Email address just to create a second Adobe ID?

Seems rather redundant. Is there a conflict between my original PC and the new one? Help! Getting kinda frustrated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe ID did you authorize within Adobe Digital Editions?  From your description it sounds like you currently are using an Anonymous ID on your computer which will make it impossible to transfer protected content to other devices.

Please see Can't authorize with a previously used Adobe ID - http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/id-been-previously-used.html for more information on how to correct this difficulty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. You are correct in that I had originally used an Anonymous ID when setting up my account. When trying to figure out my transferring issue, I realized my error and changed my ID to my email address which seemed to work as far as authorizing my PC. However I still cannot transfer to my Nook. I still get the" cannot authorize with a previously used ID" message. I uninstalled Adobe Digital Editions from both my PC and Nook thinking if I reinstalled, as if starting from scratch, it would  rectify things. No luck. Still same scenario. What am I not seeing? or doing incorrectly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You certainly only want one AdobeID for all your devices if at all possible.

It may be that the Nook has kept some memory of an older registration id.

You should be able to undo that, then reregister.  To undo that, try (in order)

1. ctrl-shift-E to ADE with the Nook plugged in should work.
  2. If that fails, try to delete 'Digital Editions' and hidden '.adobe-digital-editions' directories from the Nook.
  3. If that fails, try a factory reset of the Nook.
    That will clear all your things from the Nook, so you may NOT want to risk that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. I finally resolved the issue by downloading Digital Editions directly fro Adobe rather than the Library. Not sure what the difference was, but it worked. Perhaps it was actually being signed on to Adobe rather than being connected there thru the library.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines